After Christmas turkey yesterday, I had some friends help me install my bench seat. It was an effort in frustration, since nothing fit. We could not force the seat over the fiberglass tranny tunnel piece. Took out the tranny cover and set seat in place. Previous comments regarding wasted space behind the seat and seat back rubbing on roll bar diagonal braces were verified. Where I think the seat needs to be positioned, considering rear of cab clearance and roll bar braces, the seat tunnel covers about 8" of the rear of the tranny cover. The seat cannot be forced down with current components.

I currently see a couple of options:
1. Fabricate a 8" alum. driveshaft tunnel extension out to the front of seat tunnel, and then cut off 8" at rear of tranny cover, and fabricate both to match up.
2. Slice out a section at top rear of fiberglass tranny tunnel, and then cut/fit in sides of fiberglass to fit into the seat tunnel opening.

I see that others (Jeff, Wallace, Marv) have installed their seats, with some massaging, and wonder if they would care to elaborate in more detail as to their elegant solution.

I guess I could go to roadster seat, but I would like the bench seats which I have to fit.

E-brake mounting is still problematic, as my rooster gear is imbedded about 1" into the seat cushion. I am using the newer shorter brake bracket.

Don't fret, I am still telling myself it is the journey, and not the destination.

Thanks, Ralph