FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tipping the Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Tipping the Driver

Who has tipped the Truck Driver that delivered your kit? I talked to the Stewart Transport driver on the phone yesterday and he was a happy fella. I have seen people comment about "Don't forget to tip the driver" What is an appropriate amount for a tip if he delivers the same as he talks on the phone, with a smile and not a huge rush. ETA is Friday late morning.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We tipped him $50.00, fed the fellow lunch and gave him a King Cake since the kit was delivered during the Mardi Gras Season.

http://www.kingcakes.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really up to you. How pleased were you with the communication and actual delivery? How difficult was your delivery in terms of getting the truck in/out, grade, distance from the truck to where you placed your car, etc. I gave my driver $100.00 and felt that was fair considering the typical freight delivery consists of the truck parking in front of your house and the driver opening the door and moving a pallet to the door or to the ground if you paid for lift gate service.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    A King Cake is an awesome idea coming from Louisiana. Hope he knows about the Baby inside. Haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Im blanking on the monetary value I gave. But since our driver delivered ON THANKSGIVING, we had a turkey thanksgiving dinner ready for him to go. He called a while later thanking us and telling us how delicious it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and now I want to order a King Cake...…

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave my driver $50. He called me the day before and said he would be at my house by 9am he was actually here by 8:45.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I tipped $75 as he did a great job unloading everything and making sure we got plenty of great pictures in the process

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m a big tipper and tip everybody. (If they deserve it) Access was super easy but July 31st at 5:00 I think it was 108....
    He got a c-note.

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    I tipped him $100, he helped me all the way to all boxes inside and the frame on jackstands. My driveway is about 100ft, half concrete, half backyard. He earned it.
    Last edited by Boydster; 12-29-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Tipped $ 50.00. Only a short push from the street down the drive (chassis/body, + 27 boxes !) I helped, but driver was cheerful and very helpful. Plus he paid extra attention that the chassis was settled properly and securely on the jack stands. - and he cross-checked box numbers vs inventory numbers. Stewart Transport drivers are great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tipped him a 100 getting the truck and trailer to our house was a pain for him but he was great and a big help getting the kit into the garage if I ever get to do another ffr project I would use Steward again

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Super nice driver. He wasn't able to get the truck to the house so we unloaded it in the high school parking lot onto my trailer. Although I had to run to my office to grab the trailer and that took about an hour, very patient and understanding when he had to wait for me to go get the trailer. And so it begins.
    Photo Dec 28, 11 03 30 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 11 03 39 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 11 16 06 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 11 20 14 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 11 26 59 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 12 17 47 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 28, 12 27 34 PM.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Tipped $50 way back in 2008. They (husband and wife team) did a great job putting it all neatly in the garage.
    FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    100$ here. Driver got my kids involved in the process and waited for me to go grab a trailer.. he wouldn’t fit into our parking lot. Great experience and would recommend Stewart Transportation to anyone!