BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: The Factory Five Barrett-Jackson Edition Hot Rod Truck!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Factory Five Barrett-Jackson Edition Hot Rod Truck!

One of the things we did this year was to work with the crew from Barrett-Jackson Garage on a Special Edition Hot Rod Pick-Up Truck. The idea was born at SEMA a year ago when we unveiled the prototype. Jeff from Barrett-Jackson felt that his customers would dig on a shop truck with some stones. A lot of their part suppliers can buy the truck as a legitimate work expense, and so the idea was born. We built this Truck #001, and brought it to Barrett-Jackson Connecticut last June. Craig Jackson loved it, and wanted to do a bigger project than one truck. So he asked the guys to cover it up so that they could unveil it at Scottsdale as part of a special edition line of trucks in limited numbers.

I put full details on our website. We are building Truck #002 live in Scottsdale in a few weeks, and we are taking a roller kit #003 which will be for sale at the show. This black Truck is #001 and is being auctioned in a good slot on Sunday, the last day of the auction. It's a pretty cool truck, and I think we'll sell quite a few.

Complete details and pricing on our website here.

Complete details and pricing on our website here.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

2. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tony gets Factory Five Barrett-Jackson Edition Truck #003 ready to load as our big rig heads out to Scottsdale next week!

Last edited by Dave Smith; 12-28-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

4. Likes FF33rod, 65 Cobra Dude liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely love that intake.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet looking rides Dave!
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see these trucks, everything else in the FFR exhibit and many of you that work and attend. My Gen 3 Coupe full kit, received mid-September 2018 is being assembled in my garage just 2 miles North of Barrett-Jackson/Westworld in Scottsdale!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's what I wanted to see, something bad to the bone and old school, it's now time to sell my MKIV Roadster and do one of these! Great job! Will be at Barret Jackson to see this bad boy and the build!
    Last edited by DPMAZ; 01-01-2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: upidate

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Dave, Tony, Jim, and all others at Factory Five for partnering with Barrett-Jackson to promote FFR to the massive crowds of car guys attending their auctions throughout the USA. Your level of professionalism during the demo builds at B-J the last 2 years, plus the design, performance, company reputation and consumer demand were likely all contributing factors. The Barrett-Jackson preview publication sent to bidders has 3 pages devoted to the '35 Hot Rod Truck entitled DREAM TEAM. "Great News: Factory Five, the world's largest manufacturer of "build-it-yourself" component car kits, has teamed up with Barrett-Jackson on a new Factory Five Barrett-Jackson Edition '35 Hot Rod Truck".

Since it's only 15 miles south of my house, I've attended Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale for the last 24 years, as a bidder and consignor, so I've seen the growth of the auction and of Factory Five. From "Is this a real one?" I've seen growth to "Is this really a Factory five?". Now, this B-J '35 will add gas to the FFR fire, which will help all of us builders. Nice job, Factory Five!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sold at $62k. Somebody got a steal!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    trying to sell my MKIV Roadster to build one of these. I have some very different idea that I think will be cool and very sinister looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DPMAZ View Post
    trying to sell my MKIV Roadster to build one of these. I have some very different idea that I think will be cool and very sinister looking.
    That was my original thought ,to sell me cobra to build my truck,but somehow I convinced my wife how nice it would be to have both
    what a GREAT wife !