Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huntington Beach 2019?

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

I will put April 25th, 2020, Huntington Beach, CA on my calendar. May have to bring my car out for this one!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I spoke with HB this afternoon. There is another car show happening on the pier on the 27th. They have been booked for some time and were going to be there regardless of whether we were on Main Street or not. I've made an inquiry to piggy-back on it and use the upper parking lot, north of the pier. We have used it several times in the past.

Same date, 4/27/2019. May involve a donation to the surf museum.

I should hear back tomorrow.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, If you need a couple of old farts to get to the upper lot early to reserve spots, I know a guy or two that would be there for you (the Vegas Boys) . . . I'm in, no matter where we gather. We will also bring whatever "supplies" you might need to continue the BBQ tradition. We drive in on Thursday, stay til Monday so we will be there for whatever comes about.

Any "donations" to the Surf Museum that are needed are No Problemo . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

4. Likes Mark Eaton liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    As a first timer, my wife and I would love to attend the event this year no matter how it turns out. We would love to meet those that attend and get a face to name recognition. Can you recommend hotels?

Thanks

Ron

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know of an east coast guy that might consider driving out... if the plans for the "event" firm up. I think the ol'Mark I still has a few more miles in her!
    Ralph Button
    FFR 1436 (PROUD Owner of an Original Mark I)
    400,013 miles as of 11/1/2009
    417,840 miles as of 8/12/2010
    435,021 miles as of 12/19/2011
    Now a well broken in 347 engine
    523,145 miles as of 7/29/2014
    601,165 miles as of 6/1/2018
    615,215 miles as of 4/23/2022

"It's not about the destination, it's the about the journey. And where is your journey taking you?"

"... Not all who wander are lost!... --J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    How does the London Cobra Show do it?
    Totally different deal Arvin. Part of the proceeds come from the participants' $100 registration fee and another small portion from the vendors who pay to display their products but a much larger part of the total is through the sale of tens of thousands of raffle tickets for the giveaway car that are sold at 20 bucks a pop throughout the year leading up to the event. All of the show expenses (any non donated raffle car parts or services, promotion, police and street department costs, municipal permits, venue charges, tents, catering of the dinner, security, etc.) are deducted from the money taken in and then the surplus/profit is donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. This donation is historically in excess of $100,000 every year.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Just made my hotel reservations for the big show in 2020.
    Last edited by BB767; 09-23-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    I have more experience than I would like to admit to in the form of Volunteer activities for putting on shows and events and some of the knowledge gained might be useful. First, every event needs to be well managed and the expectation is that it should be profitable to bankroll the next event. Having no money and not enough active volunteers is a killer and sounds like that this is the case. As for the T shirts, they are key to selling sponsorship and advertising the next event. The place to start is a design that people will feel proud to ware out in public. Think of it as mobile bill boards. If you have a couple of members that have an advertising background, then they are gold. You need to be able to sell space to vendors. The income from Vendors and Sponsors should pay for most of your costs. It also helps to be able to charge admission to the public.

Also, it takes a lot of time and manpower in the preparation and planning to do any type of show right. Thrown together at the last minute is a sure fire way to burn out your volunteers and lose your shirt.

If you target a 2020 show, then now is the time to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    DaveH... over the years, you've been the most gracious of hosts I could ever ask for. I always enjoy your BBQ and honestly, if I knew this was a financial burden, just ask! Me and the Mrs. have no problem pitching in.

This year for me is a bit tough as it seems Playstation is getting far too busy for me to go for a few days. Last year was the same... (maybe I need a new employer!) Regardless, I would gladly pay $100 for such an event. One other thing to consider is perhaps, make this an every-other-year event, using the time to plan for other sites and more fund raisers, if that's something people don't mind. Also, I'm in for a change of scenery - I've NEVER been to Pomona much less the Petersen Museum.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Super sad to hear there will be no Huntington Beach event this year. The past two years have been awesome.

A group of us are going to put together a Factory Five gathering in the Bay Area soon. Details are fuzzy right now but hoping to host in the next few months.

If you are interested in attending, join the FB group: Factory Five Bay Area.

-Brandon
    Last edited by Gsnipe; 02-13-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished my Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe and think the $40,000 invested warrants at least another $100.00 to show it off. I live in Washington state and am willing to drive all the way to Huntington Beach for the show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsnipe View Post
    Super sad to hear there will be no Huntington Beach event this year. The past two years have been awesome.

A group of us are going to put together a Factory Five gathering in the Bay Area soon. Details are fuzzy right now but hoping to host in the next few months.

If you are interested in attending, join the FB group: Factory Five Bay Area.

-Brandon
    Hey Brandon,

I'm in the south bay (Los Gatos) and I'd love to attend whatever gathering you organize. I'm not on FB so please do post up whatever you organize in the NorCal regional forum.

-John
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest that you publish notice of this party in the "General Discussions" forum or similar. With no HB cruise-in this year, folks from SoCal, AZ, etc. might be interested in going up to SF for a change. Any excuse for a road trip! Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone please post exactly what is going on. I would like to attend but reserve driving the car for 2020 so I need to make airline and hotel reservations ASAP. (And maybe a ride in the morning and back to my hotel when it’s done
    FFR Complete MKIV Kit (#8271)
    Ordered: Jan 21, 14, Registered: Aug 19, 15
    408 Keith Craft Engine (512 hp, 534 ftlb), Tremec TKO600, Fast EFI, 8.8 Solid 3.55:1 Rear End, FFR Replica Halibrands (9 & 10-1/2"),
    Dual Chrome Roll Bars/Bumpers/Polished Exhaust, Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Although not the Huntington Beach venue, those more local you could consider attending the Fabulous Fords Forever show. This year they have moved the show to Anaheim Stadium, so there is room for a lot more cars. The show is scheduled for Sunday April 14th, 2019. This would be one option, on a smaller scale of course, to save a Factory Five owners get together for this year.

http://www.fabulousfordsforever.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds perfect to me . . . Date is the 14th instead of the 27th.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 03-31-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been twice and the comments about the local retailers not really giving us a friendly welcome are absolutely true. We got yelled at by a store owner or employee(?) for standing in his doorway for a couple of minutes a couple years back when it started to sprinkle. He said we were blocking his doorway and customers could not get in. His clothing store was 100% empty and I guess he was blaming us, and I didn't get the feeling he was talking about just the two of us that were under his awning.

A couple of times now I have suggested to Dave Smith that he look at combining this event with a track day event at Fontana. I even emailed him the contact information for my friend that owns Hooked On Driving and operates track day events all over the country. It seems to me that a lot of FFR folks would love to stretch the legs of their cars in a way that only a race track offers, and Fontana is unique for its top speed abilities.

Anyway, I am sad that the HB event is not happening, think that a cheaper event should still be a great success, and hope that the 2020 event kicks off some new format that brings in even more owners and people and turns into an even better event than we have had in the past. Some place where the surrounding businesses are more friendly to a motorsports crowd would be nice.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Consider Moving It To Bay St. Louis Mississippi!
    They might be willing to take on a little Factory Five Fun for one weekend in the spring.
    Here's what that little town looked like this past October for Cruising The Coast:

https://youtu.be/MTOl15hGaPo
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-01-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great show

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwmaurer86 View Post
    Sounds like a great show
    so what did you all decide to do today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an alternative for you guys, that I just saw in the ReiCARnation magazine. I realize it isn't the same, but It'd be something to attend while someone else does the heavy lifting.

https://www.rcnmag.com/news/kit-car-...y-vehicle-show

Show Flyer
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure the Kit car show would love to have you guys. They might even be overwhelmed at getting the overflow. It's always been a good show. I liked it most at the Wally Parks museum but El Segundo is great too. Good idea there.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those that missed my post on the separate SoCal Kit Car Show thread, SoCal Cobra Club's Annual Car Show at Grape Day Park Escondido is Saturday June 29. Register at www.socalsaac.org. Ford Performance specialty construction and replicas are encouraged.

Deane

Shows & Events Coordinator, FFR Sally Bean's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HB 2019 Event

Quote Originally Posted by bwwooster View Post
    I'm doing my usual pre-start of the year iCal typing and was wondering whether a date has yet been set for the HB show-- I couldn't find it in a search-- does anyone know? Maybe this year I can make it!

Thanks from Northern California!
    Hi There -

Thank you for your interest in our HB event. Unfortunately, this year we aren't having a show in HB but there's a very good reason why......

Next year will be Factory Five Racing's 25th anniversary and we are planning quite the event to celebrate. It will be on Saturday, April 25, 2020 and along with our super fun Cruise-In to Main Street, we are planning a great evening event that will be held at one of the beautiful waterfront hotels in the area (to be announced). We are still bouncing around ideas for a Sunday morning cruise and that is still to be determined.

Please feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Take care -

Sally Bean

26. Likes DSR-3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally Bean View Post
    Hi There -

Thank you for your interest in our HB event. Unfortunately, this year we aren't having a show in HB but there's a very good reason why......

Next year will be Factory Five Racing's 25th anniversary and we are planning quite the event to celebrate. It will be on Saturday, April 25, 2020 and along with our super fun Cruise-In to Main Street, we are planning a great evening event that will be held at one of the beautiful waterfront hotels in the area (to be announced). We are still bouncing around ideas for a Sunday morning cruise and that is still to be determined.

Please feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Take care - Sally Bean
    Any news/updates on this?
    Thanks
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bumping this thread back up - I've booked my hotel room in Huntington Beach for the weekend of April 25th - this will be my first trip to this event - can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Just bumping this thread back up - I've booked my hotel room in Huntington Beach for the weekend of April 25th - this will be my first trip to this event - can't wait!
    Which hotel? I'm not familiar with the area at all.
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry,

The Hyatt Regency is very popular and within walking distance (about three block) from Main Street. 21500 Pacific Coast Highway. 129 days away, if anyone is counting.

I'll talk to you Friday about the "plan" for HB . . .

Doc

Post Thanks / Like
    Hyatt is $600/night! Yikes...
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Y I K E S ! ! Guess they won't stay that popular at those prices. Glad I have a place to stay when the HB show comes along, those prices would be a deal breaker for me, bein' retired an all . . .

Doc

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we can all fit in with the new calfiornia way of life by sleeping on the sidewalk in front of the bikini shop......
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    Maybe we can all fit in with the new calfiornia way of life by sleeping on the sidewalk in front of the bikini shop......
    Only If You Look Good In A Bikini!

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, wife and I have stayed at a hotel in Aliso Viejo (inland) for previous Cruise-Ins. It was a lot less expensive than staying by the beach, but I don't know what their trailer policy is - and parking at the hotel was expensive. Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    We're booked into the Waterfront Beach Resort - prices are about half that of the Hyatt and even a little bit closer to Main St. This will be my first time going - any ideas on where to park a truck and trailer if the hotel can't accommodate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to coming to the 2020 event! I'm attending the build school in May so hoping to get some good tips and meet fellow Daytona Coupe fans!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a good time to open a new thread "Huntington Beach 2020!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCar-guy View Post
    Maybe a good time to open a new thread "Huntington Beach 2020!"
    You mean like this one?

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...highlight=2020
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, the HB 2020 thread did not/does not appear in my SoCal mail box. Weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    closing...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12