BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 5/16 Fuel lines with LS Motor

Post Thanks / Like

5/16 Fuel lines with LS Motor

The 5/16" fuel lines supplied with the kit seem too small to handle an LS Motor. The GM OE lines are all 3/8". I'm thinking of upsizing but some of the fitting supplied with the EFI Kit choke the flow down to barely 1/4". Any suggestions?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm NOT running an E.F.I. set up; however, I was able to get a 3/8" pick up via my local NAPA auto parts store since a friend of mine manages it. We ordered all the different Mustang pick up part numbers to see what would show up and found that we had a Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner moment. I ran the 3/8" feed line, since I'm running a mechanical pump, but didn't need to run a return line since my system is Stupid Simple compared to yours.

My suggestion would be to contact Mark Reynolds at Breeze Automotive because I'm sure he'll have a solution for you, especially if your pump is externally mounted.

His link below may be of some help to you:

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/?s=...t_type=product

Good Luck Fellow Dark Sider!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 12-29-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that same concern for my EFI (multiport) 347 and called FFR. They said they are running 5/16 lines on their EFI 500 horse 363 SBF. They indicated 500 horse is the upper threshold for 5/16 lines. The smaller lines for EFI run a much higher pressure compared to the lower pressure larger volume mechanical lines.

Do not know what your LS motor is putting out for power, but my 450 horse 347 with 5/16 lines runs just fine.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

4. Thanks GBPCAZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I'm not planning on over 400HP. Aging out of insane power to weight ratios!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 376/480 which is 495 hp. I bought 3/8 steel lines for the supply and used the 5/16 lines for the purge canister.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.