Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Took the leap, finally.

Post Thanks / Like

Took the leap, finally.

After building a Replica for a friend from a local company , and a second build for a client using a FFR Mark1 18 years ago..I finally clicked on Order Form. Down in Montreal Canada, I hope I can reallly on you guys and possibly some local guys for tech support. Ordered a Canadian Kit, unfortunely somehow different from the base kit ....and just purchased a 1995 Mustang Gt as a donor build...trying to keep the cost down to obtain my dream. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Picking up kit in March.

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! the whole Canadian kit thing is weird and a bit confusing but it works out in the end other than having to pay double the shipping essentially.
    Have fun, I look forward to seeing your build. What engine, options etc are you going with?
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

If you haven't already done so get in touch with Ryan Valin. In addition to being a great guy and exceptional builder he can help you with the whole Canadian content and deletion thing.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/member.php?17189-valin

Good luck!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the on-site on who to contact...appreciate it..haven’t done so,but heard some components missing on Canadian model...so will see how this works out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna use the stock donor components for the first year ,to keep costs down, 5 liter stock, only options will be tubular control arms ,coil over fronts, and halibrand 15 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grande View Post
    Thanks for the on-site on who to contact...appreciate it..haven’t done so,but heard some components missing on Canadian model...so will see how this works out.
    The Canadian kit costs less because there are a number of components that Transport Canada won't allow to be included without it being classified as a car (as opposed to a kit). So you contact Ryan and he provides the parts that get excluded. It all ends up coming from FFR. Rather silly but thems the rules. Give Ryan a call and he can fill in the details. As Jeff mentioned, Ryan is a builder himself and is happy to answer any questions, he is a good resource to talk with about different options.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/valinscu...=page_internal

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a donor build. I used mostly donor parts at first. I installed a TF stage I cam and new valve springs before I installed the engine. Made engine up grades easy later.Switching cam in these cars are a tight job.Each winter I upgraded something on the car for 13 years.In the end it was a different car than what I started with.Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in Quebec City and picking up my kit at the end of March. When in March are you planning to go to FFR?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be going on March 23, renting a 16 foot cube ,which hopefully should work?, Now in process of getting paper work, can’t understand what the import broker number means, I don’t ave one, hopefully someone can shed lite on this. I ma from Montreal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leave it blank, it wasnt a problem.