Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wyoming GTM #500 First Start

Post Thanks / Like

Wyoming GTM #500 First Start

Posted this new thread with video of the first start of my GTM took Delivery September 2017, Started Build October 2017 - First Start December 2018, got her fired up today so at least I beat the yearend deadline I set for myself and was gone no work at all on the GTM for 4 months this year. Still a lot of work to be done, programming, body work, interior but for the most part mechanical is completed.... except for those doors!!

Thanks to Shane at VRaptor and others on the forum for the advice and ideas that went into getting this far. Now, all I need to finish is all the body work something I have never done before but will try as my goal is to build completely myself except for interior upholstery, but we shall see might have to farm out painting as well. Again, thanks to everyone on the form...…

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!! Looks like an amazing build you have there.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shane, it sound better in person you can really hear the cam, can't wait until I get to drive it for the first time but know I will have to this time of year in Wyoming.

It will be a while before I get a chance to drive the GTM, this is a picture of my front yard..... at the rate the snow has been falling with temperature in the single digits during the day and sub zero at night I figure I have at least three months before I can even try to drive it with heavy coat on!!

IMG_1998.jpg

Been driving this instead 1 to 2 time a week just to keep driveway and parking area open, although it is fun to play in and it is heated it does get old doing every three days or so...

IMG_2001.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great feeling to run it for the first time, I remember with my roadster. Wife was right there with me holding the fire extinguisher and looking for fuel leaks!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Beeman,

Understand that my wife took a look in the shop, ask if we were ready to fire it for the first time, then informed me she was leaving with her sister so if the whole thing went poof she would not have to the carnage. No really my sister and brother in-law were here for Christmas. He is very interested in cars and could not wait to help get the GTM running. So we finished a few tasks and fired her up for the first time. I also filmed him inspecting the cooling system, he was just beside himself to see the car roar to life, it was great watching the expression on his face. So we fired it up again tonight after sitting to inspect again, no fuel leaks, coolant full and circulating and even wired the safety to the brake instead of fooling the system and it even worked...… a very good start to the New Year for sure. Wishing you and every one on the forum a great year with lots of new ideas to assist us all in building our dreams...…

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's one hell of a clean looking engine bay. Nice work so far! 500 GTM's and counting, not bad.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you welded in a plate for a rear wing? Which wing are you going to use? I'm looking at several options...
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Looks like you welded in a plate for a rear wing? Which wing are you going to use? I'm looking at several options...
    That is our Universal Wing Mount System:

http://vraptorspeedworks.com/vrsw-ne...mount-system/\

I can order any of the APR wings for you and this system also works with our custom gelcoat rear wing.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I'm building # 321 and had my first start on 12/31 too! Big milestone in these car builds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done James!!! I can't wait to get #501 fired but, but life keeps bumping the fun projects LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Congratulations.
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications