Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Missing clutch sensor plug, 15-17 Coyote Harness

Post Thanks / Like

Missing clutch sensor plug, 15-17 Coyote Harness

Finished up both the sensor locations for the clutch sensors for the coyote harness, plugged in the bottom (safety) sensor and then had a WTF moment when I reach for the other plug..... I Went back and read the Ford intructions to make sure I was not crazy and sure enough The last connections on the harness, HH I believe, shows four different connections; ground, apps, clutch bottom, clutch top. I do not have a clutch top.... Anybody ever run into this problem? Any Ideas. Coyote 2015-17 harness purchased new. Every other connection, sans the apps, is hooked up and looks good. Any Help, thoughts, or even some comfort, is appreiciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    Finished up both the sensor locations for the clutch sensors for the coyote harness, plugged in the bottom (safety) sensor and then had a WTF moment when I reach for the other plug..... I Went back and read the Ford intructions to make sure I was not crazy and sure enough The last connections on the harness, HH I believe, shows four different connections; ground, apps, clutch bottom, clutch top. I do not have a clutch top.... Anybody ever run into this problem? Any Ideas. Coyote 2015-17 harness purchased new. Every other connection, sans the apps, is hooked up and looks good. Any Help, thoughts, or even some comfort, is appreiciated. Thanks.

Ford did away with the top switch mid run. Depending on when you got your set up you may have old switch mounts and a new harness. Not to worry, you simply wont have an up switch.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read somewhere on here that that sensor is for the surging and speed density or something like that. So with out it everything is fine? Also the sensor came with the wiring harness, wierd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!