My dad, who is an 88-year-old Korean War veteran and retired just this last year as a radio broadcast engineer, has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer which has spread to his liver and hip bone and was given only a few months to live. He has been dealing with a lot of pain recently and has good days and some bad. For Christmas my brother and sister with their family’s came down for our last family holiday together. So I had a houseful of teens and 20 somethings, parents and grandparents. It was great.
I started my build on the 33 hot rod last June and had been making steady progress so decided to try to get the car ready for its first start while everyone was here. When December 1 rolled around I hadn’t even started wiring, had the fuel system finished nor any fluids in car. I really thought I had no chance at my goal. I decided to just get enough done to go-cart the car, with temporary placement of fuel pump and filter, wiring harness, floor pans, gauges, and rear exhaust. I bolted on a scrap piece of metal with a tennis ball for stick shift and had seats sitting on some 2x4’s. Somehow I pulled it off in the last 2 weeks before the holidays and I was able to take my terminally ill Dad for a ride on Christmas day! The Coyote sounds awesome and fired right up.
Since I know it never happened without video I have included one with a bonus photo of my Dad at Daytona Beach in 1950 with his 1931 Cadillac Phaeton, always the car buff. I want to thank the Factory Five Techs for answering a lot of emails these past few weeks and this forum for the tons of information to help me get through this. Happy New Year everyone.
So for me, taking my dad for a ride in the hot rod with the time I have left with him was the Greatest Christmas Gift Ever.

dad.jpg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GM...YxiIwa1lxgcySv