I'm thinking perhaps I should have asked this before starting, but with the plethora of "bodywork" threads on here, I kinda figured I knew what steps to do and when. Or so I thought.

That said.. I'm well under way in the total In-Garage-DIY-body-and-paint of my car.

What I've done so far.
- Fit and gaped everything. Fit and filered drivers door.
- blocked whole car with 80 grit.
- Rage Gold in all seams and various uneven places around both doors.
- 80 grit to decent feather of all rage spots.

Now.. I've just stared to block the whole car again but with 150grit.
Following which I was going to go around and fill all pin holes and small imperfections with Metal Glaze.
After which, I had planned to spray on 2 gallons of FFG2.

As I'm blocking with the 150, I see a decent number of 80 grit scratches that seem pretty deep. I hope the 80 wasn't a mistake on my part. The 150 is taking most of the scratch out, but a fair few still remain.

Keep in mind, I'm brand new to this level of body work, only done small panel repairs in the past.
My only current timeline is that I want to be sure and get paint sprayed well before the heat of South Texas comes on strong.
I'm pretty sure I have enough time, despite my newb status.
I also don't really mind doing a few extra steps along the way, so long as it means an easier time of the final color spray.

I was wondering.. should I instead finish with my 150 block stage and metal glaze, and then spray 1 gallon of FF.
Block to 220
Then spray the 2nd gallon of FF and block to 320

After the FF stage and blocking, I plan to spray a 2k primer, and block to 400 wet. then 500 wet.

Next, a medium dark gray sealer, blocked to 600 wet.

The main body color is a BMW gray (472). It's a medium dark metallic color.
Black stripes.

cheers guys.

P.S. Please excuse the onslaught of bodywork threads I've started recently.. I'll stick to this one from now on.

Now.. it's time to go watch off the layer of red-dust and crack a few new-years-eve beers!!