Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Panel #14

Post Thanks / Like

Panel #14

I'm at the point where I'm starting to put the panels back on. Most of them were documented well enough that the process was running smooth except for panel #14 which is called the Drivers Side Dropped Floor. For the life of me I can't get to fit correctly.

Does any one have suggestions or pictures of how this panel looks when installed?
    MK IV Roaster, Complete Kit
    Planning on Coyote,TKO600, 2015 12.88# IRS,Wilwood BrakesHalibrand Wheels

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really only fits one way. It was installed correct when you got your kit. The front fits under the front panel, the LS fits on top of the 4" tube. The rear fits under the frame rail underneath and the RS fit under the R-outer foot box side panel. I do not have any great photos to show you. Look at some build threads.Maybe you will see one that sticks out to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is the panel you're talkig about. Here's how it was installed on my chassis from the factory before I removed it:

I have a few more angles of the same panel. Let me know if you need other photos.

-John
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya Da Man! Thanks John. I'm pretty sure that's it. will check it out first thing tonight when I get home!
    MK IV Roaster, Complete Kit
    Planning on Coyote,TKO600, 2015 12.88# IRS,Wilwood BrakesHalibrand Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    It really only fits one way. It was installed correct when you got your kit. The front fits under the front panel, the LS fits on top of the 4" tube. The rear fits under the frame rail underneath and the RS fit under the R-outer foot box side panel. I do not have any great photos to show you. Look at some build threads.Maybe you will see one that sticks out to you.
    Just to be clear, the front sits above the front panel flange, as shown in JohnK's picture. Words get screwed up because the front panel folds around (over? under?) it, so just do it like the picture shows.
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.