FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: dual/triple reservoir placement

Post Thanks / Like

dual/triple reservoir placement

I've stumbled across this info before, but can't find it now.

I plan to mount reservoir similar to the image below.

How far forward from the front of the foot box can these be mounted before I have interference (with the strut for the hood I believe)?

resevoir.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    I placed the near reservoir about 5" from the front of the foot box, and just barely clear the strut with the far reservoir.

John

IMG_2062 by jhsitton, on Flickr
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a measurement from the foot box to the far reservoir? I have different reservoirs that what I had pictured. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    The strut brace is right at about 12" from the front of the foot box at the 3/4 top square tube.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect - I think this markup is showing what I'm asking for and Papa has provided.

dimension.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure that when you mount them that they are higher than the master cylinders. I almost didn’t mount mine high enough.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
    CDXXVII

Not to hijack this thread but where did you get/obtain the back mounting plate for your reservoir mount? I am in the process of converting my single FFR kit supplied reservoir to a dual CNC setup and need to get a little creative with mounting them. If I'm going to go through the hassle of doing this, it sure would be nice to back the reservoirs with a nice shiny piece such as the one you show.

Post Thanks / Like
    The picture I posted earlier was actually a photo I found when I was trying to figure out how to install mine.

This is mine.
    I made the backing plates. It's actually a little overkill. One piece of sheetmetal with an angle bent at the top attached under the 3/4" frame tube sandwiched with a second of the same shape attached to the back of the 3/4" frame tube.

Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    CDXXVII

Not to hijack this thread but where did you get/obtain the back mounting plate for your reservoir mount? I am in the process of converting my single FFR kit supplied reservoir to a dual CNC setup and need to get a little creative with mounting them. If I'm going to go through the hassle of doing this, it sure would be nice to back the reservoirs with a nice shiny piece such as the one you show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CDXXVII; 01-05-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    That's pretty darn sweet CDXXVII

Post Thanks / Like
    In relation to the frame that the Triple CNC mounts to in the pictures shown, are the top of the caps even with the rail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a view of the max measurement from the footbox to the hood support. I lowered the hood and inserted my finger, in-line with the rear of the support mounting bracket. Approx 12 1/2"

Reservoir to Hood Support clearance.jpg
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mount the reservoir level with the ground or follow the angle of the frame?
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted mine level to the ground. Not sure it makes a difference but i tend to overthink everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bluse View Post
    Do you mount the reservoir level with the ground or follow the angle of the frame?
    Thanks again.