Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where in Godzone are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Godzone are you?

Hey Kiwis!

We are Kiwis too but we live in the US. We're building an 818C at our home in Maryland. We will be coming to NZ to visit family later this year and doing a bit of Tiki touring to show our American kids how wonderful the land we grew up in is.

I'd like to throw in a quick visit or two to fellow FFR builders if possible. Has anyone compiled a database of Kiwi FFR Builders?

Cheers

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the registry, there's one in NZ.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...7681341085&z=1

Happy New Year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kiwi Dave, I am based in Hamilton NZ and in reasonably regular contact with 3 other Roadster Builds, 1 in Auckland, 1 in Palmerston Nth and another arriving in Napier very soon, plus a FFR Mk 2 Daytona and a home built chassis FFR bodied Daytona, a 33 Hot Rod nearing completion, and the 818 on the register is also in Hamilton. I am also talking with one who plans on building a MK3 Daytona and a local Cobra copy in Tauranga.
    I am sure we can get you to meet up with these guys and I know I can arrange a BBQ at least even in winter just let us know your plans and good kiwi hospitality will take care of the rest. I will talk to the others and get some contact details & PM to you. Look forward to your visit
    Order Placed March '17, Delivered New Zealand July '17.
    FFR Roadster Mk4 #9123 RHD Basic Kit
    2004 SVT 4.6L Cobra Terminator, Tremec T56, 2015 IRS, 17" Halibrand with Nitto
    Flaming River RHD pwr rack, Hydroboost, ABS plus Willwood 6 pot front, 4 Pot Rear.
    Soft Top, Heater & wipers etc.
    "Don't Let the grin wear thin" Kiwi's can Fly

4. Thanks Kiwi Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Just found this thread and wanted to check in. I'm building an 818C in Akaroa. My donor is a JDM STI Type RA Spec C, so I'm dealing with quite a few variations including the 6 speed gearbox. I believe my 818 kit is the sixth in NZ. I know where 2 other 818C kits are in Canterbury and have a contact for an 818S in Hamilton. I know of another 818S in Wellington, but have lost contact after the builder passed away in 2018. I would be interested in setting up a FFR group in New Zealand - my particular interest is the 818.

Cheers, Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Triflag View Post
    Hi! Just found this thread and wanted to check in. I'm building an 818C in Akaroa. My donor is a JDM STI Type RA Spec C, so I'm dealing with quite a few variations including the 6 speed gearbox. I believe my 818 kit is the sixth in NZ. I know where 2 other 818C kits are in Canterbury and have a contact for an 818S in Hamilton. I know of another 818S in Wellington, but have lost contact after the builder passed away in 2018. I would be interested in setting up a FFR group in New Zealand - my particular interest is the 818.

Cheers, Mark
    Hi Mark, Welcome to FactoryFive New Zealand forum. I have been following Factory Five Racing virtually since the day they started on the internet. The launching of the New Zealand Discussion forum is the first step in trying to get communication for Kiwi builders no matter what they are building. The number of FFR cars being built in NZ is increasing each year and the 818 kits has just increased by three. The 818s in Hamilton is literally 1km in a straight line from were I live.
    It was & still is my intention to form a group on Facebook for Kiwi Factoryfive Owners called Kiwi " Factory Five Racing Owners Group" or "kiwi FFROGS".
    The first step was to be a BBQ in Hamilton late in March but Covid19 got in the way. I am looking at one in early June one afternoon.
    Mark I would like to talk either Skype or messenger so feel free to PM me a phone number or contact details so we can talk. I look forward to hearing from you.

Richard Mashlan
    BLUCOBKIWI
    Flaming River RHD pwr rack, Hydroboost, ABS plus Willwood 6 pot front, 4 Pot Rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm Auckland based and am thinking about tackling a Factory Five kit car and wanted to find out some things before deciding if it's the thing for me. Firstly I see there is a dealer listed for Australasia out of Queensland - any thoughts experiences on dealing with them versus direct - at least they are closer to the same timezone. The other query would be about getting them certified for use on the road. I've modified a car and it took the good part of a year to get it across the line. What sorts of issues have people seen.

Regards
    Tui

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings Tui, welcome to Factory Five Builds down under. I am based in Hamilton on the North East boundary of the city. please feel free to give me a call on 022 3081 901. I am about 2/3rd through my build and would be more than happy to help in anyway. Look forward to hearing from you .