Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ramps and Winch project

Post Thanks / Like

Ramps and Winch project

I just finished building some ramps (12" tall) and it pretty sketchy driving up them. I thought of buying a winch (Harbor Freight $100) and wondered if anyone has a similar set up?

Post Thanks / Like
    What’s your goal my friend. Get your car off the ground?

Post Thanks / Like

For those that DON'T have a ceiling for a lift;

Not my car in this picture but this is what I re-designed to get my car 15" off the ground for any "nut-n-bolt sessions" before any major mileage cruises. Original designed by a Corvette owner . . . I increased its height.

It's now set up full time and driving up and down has become a normal thing. Going any higher than 15" would increase the ramp length to a point that I wouldn't be able to close my garage door. The whole thing breaks down to store in 3 Sq. Ft. in a corner. Bridges from the front to rear piers are removable to allow full access from any side, front or rear. I have a pier for my floor jack if any wheel is needing removal.

Doc
    Last edited by Big Blocker; 01-02-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post

Not my car in this picture but this is what I re-designed to get my car 15" off the ground for any "nut-n-bolt sessions" before any major mileage cruises. Original designed by a Corvette owner . . . I increased its height.

It's now set up full time and driving up and down has become a normal thing. Going any higher than 15" would increase the ramp length to a point that I wouldn't be able to close my garage door. The whole thing breaks down to store in 3 Sq. Ft. in a corner. Bridges from the front to rear piers are removable to allow full access from any side, front or rear. I have a pier for my floor jack if any wheel is needing removal.

Doc
    That's a great solution. Do you have the dimensions that you used?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post

Doc
    That's a nice solution Doc. In my case, ceiling height nixed a post lift. Max Jax was out as my garage floor is asphalt, and I wanted something where I could access all parts of the car without traversing around some part of the lift as well as parking the car flat without major hassle.

I decided to go with something tried and true and I love it.

https://www.kwik-lift.com/product/kw...-full-package/

RickP

Post Thanks / Like
    Dewey,

You have a PM

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.