Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: coupe door glass issues

Post Thanks / Like

coupe door glass issues

has anyone had issues with the door glass not fitting the opening properly. I got the glass to fit and seal pretty good on the passanger side. but on the drivers side its like the curve on the glass is to much for the body opening. it rocks back and forth on the back upper corner and bottom front corner that is just sitting the glass in the opening. the curves are different,

thoughts or has anyone had this issue

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    There have been lots of issues with the coupe windows. You are correct, the driver side window curvature does not match the hardtop. Without a total redesign of the door inner structure, a correctly operating window is impossible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a similar issue when I first installed the glass. It is not impossible to get the glass to fit the curvature of the hard top. I was not able to position the bottom of the glass against the bottom of the drive assembly mount. I found make adjustment with the door skin and rubber trim installed made it much easier to get the glass to fit. I admit I had 8-10 hours in making the fit correct. i found a couple of times after getting frustrated that I adjusted the lower bracket in the opposite direction that I thought it had to go and things began to line up. Don't give up and make small adjustments.

4. Likes Kiwi Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDRP View Post
    I had a similar issue when I first installed the glass. It is not impossible to get the glass to fit the curvature of the hard top. I was not able to position the bottom of the glass against the bottom of the drive assembly mount. I found make adjustment with the door skin and rubber trim installed made it much easier to get the glass to fit. I admit I had 8-10 hours in making the fit correct. i found a couple of times after getting frustrated that I adjusted the lower bracket in the opposite direction that I thought it had to go and things began to line up. Don't give up and make small adjustments.
    I guess it all depends on your definition of 'work correctly'. I've fussed with my windows for well over a week to correct the function (malfunction) and still wouldn't consider them as working correctly. They work, but leave a lot to be desired.