Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: What lift do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

What lift do you use?

Long time member just getting back to the Forum. My 40 x 80 foot shop is nearing completion and I need to get some lifts. I am looking for a 2-post and two 4-post lifts. Need your input on what you like and dislike about your current lifts. Right now I am looking at Bendpak, Atlas and Backyard Buddy.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Built FFR5196 MKII in 2003, 427w
    Building FFR0058HR, Edlebrock 347-AOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Doug!

Great to see you back on the forum.

For four post, I like Bendpak, hands down. Very high quality, US product.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

3. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been using BendPak 4-post nearly everyday for over 10-years trouble free.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

5. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Bendpak 2-post asymmetric lift. I installed in the narrow configuration, which just works with the narrow roadster frame while still letting me get both my wife's Lexus RX350 or my BMW 328i on it. I have the low profile version and still have to jack the roadster in the front to get the pads to go under the pipes. Very happy with it overall.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Doug, I'm going to break with the rest of the guys so far and have you look at Direct Lift. As with all of the lift manufacturers they sell 4 post, 2 post and mid rise lifts. I bought my 4 post lift second hand for $900 and it's performed flawlessly for the last 6 years. Sure it's parts are made over seas but I can't complain about quality, it's top notch. On top of that, if budget is an issue (and it usually is) you're going to save quite a bit if you're buying more than one.

http://www.directlift.com/Default.aspx

I also added the bridge jack.
    http://www.directlift.com/Pro-Jack-3500-P45C18.aspx
    That along with the sliding jack tray that comes with the lift allows the 4 post to be used much like a 2 post in that you can have all 4 wheels off the ground (lift runways). The other thing I recently purchased were the lightweight approach ramps from Race Ramps. These things are awesome!
    https://www.raceramps.com/garage-ser...R-RACK-HN20-5/
    I kept the steel approach ramps but only use them now if I am going to have to move a car over the top of the lift ramps to the storage behind the shop.
    Last edited by frankeeski; 10-14-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    Frank

8. Likes Aircontroller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy with Bendpak 2-post asymmetric lift. If you have the height get the extensions. Having to jack the car once side pipes are on is a pain, but I don't know how any lift would solve that problem.
    Mk4, IRS, (Forte: 427 with EFI, T-56 MAG, hydraulic clutch, mechanical linkage, reverse lockout control module) (Breeze: Front and Rear Double adjustable QA1's, Cockpit cubby, LED Lights, Fan Shroud, Fan Lower Support, Oil Cooler Coil, power steering hose kit) (Russ: Drop Trunk, Turn Signal)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought and installed a BendPak XPR-10S-LP 2-post a couple years ago with our new (to us) house and garage remodel. Has a top bridge and clear floor. For me it was important to not have any obstructions on the floor. Makes it easier to move the car in and out plus eliminates an obstruction to work around (and trip over...) on the floor. Also the model I bought has low profile arms which was also important to me. Don't quite fit under the Roadster or Coupe when at final ride height. But a slight bump with a floor jack and they go right under. Installed it myself with a little help from my friends to raise the columns and place the bridge. My only other lift experience was with a Danmar. Similar in quality although the BendPak seems to be a little more of a pro model.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty frugal so bought an Atlas 9000 from Greg Smith. Drove and picked it up in Atlanta to save shipping. Been installed for 9 years with no problems. It gets used a lot as my son uses it for side work. Handles big vehicles without complaint.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Direct Lift 4 post in my garage. Quality, look and finish looks very good. Came with very sturdy ramps, several drip trays, robust jack track, casters. Also as a neat detail, it came with two really useful wheel shocks in matching construction and finish. Since I don't have unlimited ceiling height I appreciate that it doesn't need to rise too high to release the safety locks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am leaning towards Bendpak and will check them out at SEMA. My Idea is to have space available for those building their dream and could use a lift to make something easier. I never had one for my first three builds, but now that I have the space I can really see the benefit.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought an Atlas at SEMA a few years back... love it
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to know a guy that was named Doug (aka 68GT500MAN) but he dropped off the planet a couple of years ago.....
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Ray. I am back to planet Earth after spending 18 months on planet Amazon.