Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drive Shaft Length

Post Thanks / Like

Drive Shaft Length

My combination MK4/coyote/T56/15+IRS.
    FFR does not make a drive shaft for this combination. My measurement is 8-516" from the adapter on the IRS to the end of the transmission shaft. The dust boot lines up with the end of the transmission shaft. What length drive shaft has been used with this combination?

I have a 10.5" FFR shaft that was sent with my kit. i am considering having it shortened.

Thanks
    MK4 #9191, Gen 3 Coyote, T56, 2015+ IRS, ABS, 12.88 Wilwood's, FFR Tubular Front LCA's, FFR Spindles

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same set up.

There are two things you will run into.

First is the drive shaft length, have that one shortened as far as they can. Part of the ujoint sticks into the tube so it can only get so short.

Second, is that you will either have to put the slip yoke into the transmission before the motor is installed because there is not enough space after or install a Mark Williams removable slip yoke. I did the later. If you put the slip yoke in first you will have to partially remove the engine to remove the transmission or clutch.

https://www.markwilliams.com/transmission-yokes.html

Jim
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
    Second, is that you will either have to put the slip yoke into the transmission before the motor is installed because there is not enough space after or install a Mark Williams removable slip yoke. I did the later. If you put the slip yoke in first you will have to partially remove the engine to remove the transmission or clutch.

https://www.markwilliams.com/transmission-yokes.html

Jim
    I was hoping that removing one of the u-joint bearing cups would allow me to put the the transmission yoke in and then reassemble the u-joint.
    MK4 #9191, Gen 3 Coyote, T56, 2015+ IRS, ABS, 12.88 Wilwood's, FFR Tubular Front LCA's, FFR Spindles