Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 818C outside door handles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

818C outside door handles

anyone done any different outside door handles of the 818C other than than the miata ones with the kit.

I was looking more for a door pull or pocket pull on the outside as I have a push button under the side vent that releases the latch and you just pull the door open so I just need a smooth pull or handle on the outside but want something that is smooth and does not stick out

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a flush door handle that actuates the latch. See post #20 of my build thread,
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...inished-or-Not
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Kindig design has some beautiful but expensive sets ($600)
    CarId has a set in black but with red led's in the handle for about $130...

4. Likes AZPete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Kindig door handle is very cool! When I went to look at it, I stumbled on a nice handle at JEGS that is much cheaper:

https://www.jegs.com/i/Trim-Parts/21...0aAm8HEALw_wcB
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

6. Thanks Kiwi Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes the corvette handles are on my list, I was really hoping to find a pull or something that can kind of be hidden as the windows will spend most of its life down. and the door can be pulled open from the top.
    you guys have some good ideas.

also thinking poppers from a shaved door handle kit.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my plan. AZPete warned me to plan ahead for a hidden door release. I don't even plan to cut handles. I'll let you know how that works out next year, when I finally get that far, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes currently with my roadster I dont have handles either so I am trying to figure out how to do something without adding handles as I like the clean look.