Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
Herb,

Throwing money at an issue isn't the way to go about troubleshooting . . . "I can replace that with a new complete fan relay circuit for $20 , I know that is not the really the right answer but its an easy answer."

Lets get your fuses blowing issue fixed first. Pull ALL the bulbs for brake and turn signal (front & back), disconnect your headlights and try the switch again. IF you blow the fuse again there is a wiring issue that need attention immediately. IF the fuse holds, connect your brake light bulbs and step on the brake pedal - fuse holds? or blows again? Install your turn signal bulbs and try left and right turns - fuse holds or blows again? While you have all the lesser amperage bulbs inserted (correctly) and everything is good-to-go, connect one headlight and turn it on - fuse holds or blows . . . now install the other headlight bulb - fuse blows or holds. Anywhere along this circuit procedure, you will find the fault that is blowing your fuses. The process is to "isolate" the bad device and determine WHY it is causing your fuses to blow.

Once you get these lower current draw devices to work, we can work on your fan circuit . . . which is probably the highest current draw circuit on the car.

FWIW, your fan relay will work with or without the fan connected, and can be tested for "clicking" when you activate the temp sensor or ground the lead to it. If the relay is functioning, the issue may be that the relay isn't passing power to the fan (bad internal contacts?). This can be verified at the relay terminals 87 and 30 . . . 87 should have power when the key is ON, 30 when the relay is activated.

Keep us posted and we will get this fixed for you . . . There is a tremendous amount of talent on this and the other forum . . .

Doc
Herb,

I like Big Blocker's advice.

It may be worthwhile to temporarily hook up the the lights front and rear and trouble shoot as he suggests. Doing so may also save you from identifying another wiring problem later.

Scott