Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Track night in America

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Track night in America

Has anyone on the forum participated in” track night in america” ? The program is being offered again this year. Looks like a great chance to get some track time for short money.
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
    Has anyone on the forum participated in” track night in america” ? The program is being offered again this year. Looks like a great chance to get some track time for short money.
    Yes. It's a solid run program and I find it's less waiting around between stents than a normal HPDE day. Last season I made it out to Thompson with my track prepped 930. Tech is 'self evaluation'. I haven't taken the Cobra out yet, but it's on the to-do list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Open track days are not for beginners, and not for the feint of heart.

If you're a beginner, you'll have trouble learning the line on your own. You can do it, but nothing makes you faster and better that a coach in the right seat.

Also, you never know who's going to show up for these. There might be a few yahoos who don't know what they're doing, and just bought a new 'vette. If they take themselves out, that's OK. But they often take others with them. I heard a rumor that this happened at High Plains Raceway recently. One driver took out three cars. Could be just a rumor, as I haven't seen any pics or video or that. But we all know it happens.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com