BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Gas-N-Pipes for my Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

Gas-N-Pipes for my Coyote

Received a set of highly polished stainless Gas-n pipes last week. These things are very shinny, cant wait to put them on. Not quite ready to put them on yet,but I was thinking of doing a comparison video of the stock exhaust compared to Gas-npipes. I haven't seen any done with a Coyote engine yet and was wonder if anyone was interested in hearing a comparison? It may be a few weeks but was planning on doing decibels readings outside from various angles and from the drivers seat. If there is a video out there point me in the right direction. I seen a few, but not with Coyote and long tube headers. I have the stock FFR steel pipes uncoated on now and they can get annoying really quick if I wind the Coyote up. Hopefully these will make more of a growl.

Last edited by Paul2STL; 01-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be very interested in that comparison. Based on previous feedback I had the FFR pipes deleted from my order and am undecided on what I will end up with.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone building a Cobra in California would like to hear the difference due to the new laws. I have Gas-N pipes and love them. Would like to hear the difference on your car. Your exhaust tone should change drastically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just from comparing with ears alone, the diff is a bit lower rumble with the Gas-N’s at idle and not the high pitch bark at high RPM’s. I believe Bob actually did a db test on the FF ones and slimlines if I recall and the latter were a lot lower. He did not have Gas-N’s to measure though.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did see Bob's video. I'm hoping for that lower grumble. Will be making a video hopefully soon. Now time to get back to finish putting her back together.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

6. Likes RR20AC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    Everyone building a Cobra in California would like to hear the difference due to the new laws. I have Gas-N pipes and love them. Would like to hear the difference on your car. Your exhaust tone should change drastically.
    Crap, did I miss something here ? New laws ? Any link you can share ?
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a thread I started yesterday regarding the law effective this month. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-for-CA-owners

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post
    Here is a thread I started yesterday regarding the law effective this month. https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-for-CA-owners
    thanks!
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be very interested to hear. Picking up my kit right after my bithday ( was hoping for ON my birthday but they couldnt accomidate ugg) at the build school this weekend which will be my first time hearing a roadster up close. From what others have said noise is a concern for long rides. Unsure which way to go

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to know what kind of HP drop these show vs FFR pipes, there was another post a while back where a set of "Breeze Quiet Pipes" cost the guy about 60HP. Breeze sells Gas-N now but the Boig pipes are the only ones i saw called "Quiet Pipes" so dont know if its the same pipes now vs then (mid 2017, Laser Stan posted on other forum) Anyone dyno their car with the different pipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt think the HP lose is very large. At these HP levels in these cars 15 to 20 HP really is not a big deal, at least to me. Sound, dB and look is what is emportant to me. Im sure that more muffeld the sound more likely you will lose HP. Would like the know the difference in HP anyway, but I dont plan to dyno my car unless some one offers for free. I do plan to get a tune and dyno in the future, but not sure what company to go with. Wallet is still recovering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasNMe View Post
    I'd like to know what kind of HP drop these show vs FFR pipes, there was another post a while back where a set of "Breeze Quiet Pipes" cost the guy about 60HP. Breeze sells Gas-N now but the Boig pipes are the only ones i saw called "Quiet Pipes" so dont know if its the same pipes now vs then (mid 2017, Laser Stan posted on other forum) Anyone dyno their car with the different pipes?
    I drove mine with FFR pipes and the Gas-N pipes and my “butt in the seat dyno” could not feel ANY difference in power. I’m happy with the Gas-N’s. They look great and the sound is mellowed a bit, but the car is still loud. Still sets off car alarms as you drive by. Still sounds like a Cobra should.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzz View Post
    I would be very interested in that comparison. Based on previous feedback I had the FFR pipes deleted from my order and am undecided on what I will end up with.
    Cruzz,

How much were you credited for the delete? I'm considering going with Gas-N's as well and am trying to do some cost comparisons.

Feel free to DM if you would prefer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Paul that's just the edge I need. Side by side parts will be blowing off your car from my loud ff5 pipes and that 20 extra hp will be just enough to get me ahead and out of the way.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested to know also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    Paul that's just the edge I need. Side by side parts will be blowing off your car from my loud ff5 pipes and that 20 extra hp will be just enough to get me ahead and out of the way.
    HaHa!! U just wait till I get my tune I'll blow your doors off or side pipes if your hanger brackets crack. Everyone knows Blue cars are faster then those pretty red ones anyways

Post Thanks / Like
    If you could let me know as well

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Both of these pipes are straight through designs. both are necked down on the inside. The packing material and core louvers / holes are different which will produce a different sound. That being said the gas-N pipes use scavaging cones which should be good for a couple hp if everything else is paired correctly. At the end of the day hp numbers should fall with in margin of error for the dyno unless headers, gaskets etc are paired correctly so the scavaging cones can work as intended. For my 461w I actually went with 3” cores in place of the normal 2.5” ones that FFR and gas-N uses. But then again I’m using 1 7/8” headers with correct gaskets and AFR 220 heads and the trade off for power was noise. My car is defiantly an ear plug car.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.