Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2 dumb questions book and moroso pan

Post Thanks / Like

2 dumb questions book and moroso pan

I got a 302 and see some are running a moroso pan, why ?? for ground clearance , if so whats part # on pan and pick up
    looking through the book is it all in order of the build? got the new book and it seem a little disjointed thought this job was going to be easey peasey but its starting to seem difficult and to top that I think I am gonna make a few changes so I can have more challenges
    also my bed plate seem to stick over the frame is that gonna be a bother for the build ??

2. Likes chuckster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for the bed question if its hanging over on the sides there are spacers that will set the side body panels just off the frame as needed.

4. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the stock oil pan on my 1999 explorer 302 hangs down below the frame.
    Way too easy to "hook" something.
    Not if, but when ....

Moroso, Canton, Champ, Kevco, Levy Racing are a few that I know of.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are running electric steering, you will something that will clear the electric motor. Mine is a double sump.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Oil Pan

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I got a 302 and see some are running a moroso pan, why ?? for ground clearance , if so whats part # on pan and pick up
    looking through the book is it all in order of the build? got the new book and it seem a little disjointed thought this job was going to be easey peasey but its starting to seem difficult and to top that I think I am gonna make a few changes so I can have more challenges
    also my bed plate seem to stick over the frame is that gonna be a bother for the build ??
    I have a Canton 8 qt. oil pan on my SBF 302. Sits above the 4 inch round tubes for clearance. An added benefit is the oil temperature does not get that high even on 90 degree days. Just my 2 cents.