Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1994 mazda miata seats

Post Thanks / Like

1994 mazda miata seats

ok guys please indulge me, here is my issue. I currently have the traditional FF lowback seats in my Roadster, the issue is they provide very little thigh support and I plan on taking quite a few trips of 100+ miles with my car this summer. I was wondering if Miata seats would fit or if perhaps I can lift the front of the existing seats and tilt them back.

Has anyone had this issue? I suppose the Miata seats would also reduce the wind buffeting on the highway? Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the old days, lots of guy put miata seats in there Cobras. They were likely mark 2s and 3s. They should fit in the Mark 4 as well.
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Mike said, I've seen Miata seats in the roadster too.

Yes, you can tilt the FFR seats with shims under the front of the seat. There is also a vendor that sells an adjusting unit that tips the seat back too.

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...classic-seats/

George

Post Thanks / Like
    The Breeze mounts do wonders for the standard seats. We do several long trips a year, around 350-400 miles a day with no problem.

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mazda seats should fit and are more comfortable, but shoulder harness can be problematic.
    (they may also seat you higher and closer to the wheel.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark hit it! Miata seats fit into the car but do not accommodate the shoulder harnesses (they end up going around the upper part of the seat rather than over or through). It's no secret that I think it's a really bad idea not to use the shoulder harness.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Mark hit it! Miata seats fit into the car but do not accommodate the shoulder harnesses (they end up going around the upper part of the seat rather than over or through). It's no secret that I think it's a really bad idea not to use the shoulder harness.

Jeff
    I definitely want to use the shoulder harnesses, but the headrest is also important as I have herniation's at c2,c3,c4 so getting rear ended for me would be really bad with no head rest. So is a Kirkey seat of a Clubman seat the best answer for thigh support/comfort and a head rest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Jeff
    I wonder if anyone has used these? https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...v-bk/overview/ They look more period correct and have a head rest, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just added headrests to my standard seats

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...at-thread.html

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John4337 View Post
    I just added headrests to my standard seats

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...at-thread.html

John
    very nice John

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend messing around w/ tilting you current seat w/ a spacer under the front. I think you will be able to make a noticeable improvement and it's nearly free. Another option then, would be head rests that mount to the roll bars. Search both forums for examples.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I would recommend messing around w/ tilting you current seat w/ a spacer under the front. I think you will be able to make a noticeable improvement and it's nearly free. Another option then, would be head rests that mount to the roll bars. Search both forums for examples.
    thats Craig