I have always been blessed with good health and I worked until I was 69 and then ran a very active golf cart business until I sold it at 75 and finally
retired. Like many of you, I wanted and needed a retirement project and the '33 fit the bill perfectly. I've always been a car guy and I've restored a
tractor and built a couple of Dune Buggies and a heck of a lot of custom golf carts. My best friend retired recently and between the two of us we've
come a long way. He's an old time gearhead with a lot of knowledge.
Our problems started when I bought a set of heads off eBay that turned out to have been milled wrong and had to be trashed. After that, it has been
a multitude of gremlins that have invaded us and cost a lot of time and heartache. I got to the point that I thought it just wasn't worth it and I could
be a lot happier without all the problems. I even got to the point that I told my wife I was thinking of selling my project and just do something else.
I just don't have the energy and stamina that I once had. I can only work a very few hours at a time before I give out and have to quit.
I was sitting in my shop the other day thinking about it and something just came over me. I want to drive this thing down the street more than anything.
I have made up my mind I'm gonna finish this thing if it's the last thing I do. We've defeated the gremlins that were present and we're about 2 weeks
from go cart stage and I'll be danged if I'm gonna quit now!
I know this is a long post, but it's something that I had to say to someone as a commitment that if The Good Lord will give me time to finish this
project, then I'm going to give it everything I've got left.
Thanks for listening.