BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Koni Adjustments and Cubby Hole Q

Post Thanks / Like

Koni Adjustments and Cubby Hole Q

I have the anniversary Koni's and need instructions on setting the adjustments top and bottom.
    I also mounted the cubby hole divider and have a nice bow in the divider. It seems I read something on this, but am not having any luck with a search. I can live with the curve, it will not show with the body on, but is for now.

thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...iversary-shock is a good starting place. On my anniversary Roadster, I set both compression and rebound to the softest setting to start. After driving one season plus, and happy with it, there was a thread that talked about improving ride quality by slightly increasing the rebound setting. Couldn't find the thread but found some of my notes about it. I increased the rebound setting a couple clicks from the softest setting. Don't know that it was night and day, but maybe an improvement. Something to experiment with more I guess. But I'm very happy with the ride quality as it is.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree w/ EdwardB. Start full soft. My QA1 DA shocks are another brand but same type of adjustment. My techniques is start full soft. Drive and pay attention to how hard bumps feel at 30-40MPH. Try to separate out the initial impact from the rest of the bump reaction. Adjust your compression setting for initial impact. Then drive more like interstate speeds. See if your initial impact adjustment still feels OK. Start looking for the larger bumps now. By that I mean where the whole car moves. Like a transition from a bridge to the road where they smoothed out the sharp bump but the road height changes by 8 inches over 40-50 ft. If the car moves around like an old Buick, increase rebound. I have noticed that my adjustment that I like in normal around town 55 and less, sometimes needs another click or two stiffer of either bump or rebound once I do some interstate. I also notice that what feels good today may be a little off a week later. So the process may not be a one day deal. Also a full gas tank and a passenger has an effect since I am always trying to go as soft as possible for a nice ride. Have fun.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    My main concern was with the lower adjuster on the rear anniversary Koni's . I had a small screw driver and thought I would check the settings. I could not easily turn the slotted screw and was hesitant to go big and hard. There is a black collar around the screw and thought it might be a lock that had to be loosened or moved to released the screw. It seems, from reading they replied info, the screw should be free to move with the screw driver. I did not see my style of shock in the post or on the Koni site, but will keep digging. Thanks for the replies. It is good to hear from experienced sources.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.