Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: nose cone hitting front control arm

Post Thanks / Like

nose cone hitting front control arm

I can cut the extra glass off the front of the nose cone to make it fit, but how do I get this to allow room for the control arm?
    AS in the pic the opening for the lower front control arm is touching the up right part of the opening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have something out of alignment. Is your body too far forward? You should not have that much sticking out the front of the grill.

Post Thanks / Like
    No the body is in place as should be. The side pieces to the body that come forward are right by the frame bracket that they fasten to. And the nose cone is right against the bracket on the control arm that it has to bolt up to. 20190119_122957.jpg20190119_122705.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2 things - have you done the alignment yet? The angle of that arm may change after alignment. Second one is it looks like your grill angle may be off. Are you putting a hood on this car? That will help with the grill angle.

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Car has been aligned. Hood is set in place. I have not set the gaps on hood, but it sets to grill and cowl ok. Is there a correct degrees of angle for a starting point for the grill? The arm is hitting on the other side also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at the picture it looks like you need to flip over the bushing sleeve assembly. This will change the angle and better align the control arm with the nose cone opening. Pretty sure the build manual shows it that way. Have a great build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Papa_Jack is correct. I just checked mine and also held the nose cone up. You'll still need to trim some of the front of the cone that mates up to the grille.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Papa Jack! That was it. Got them turned and seems to be right. A bummer having to drain and take the radiator loose, but got it done.

Thanks all for your help.