Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Meeting New GTM Owners in S FL

Post Thanks / Like

Meeting New GTM Owners in S FL

Hey guys,

Its been a pretty darn cool weekend for me. Not only did I create a list of items to do on Shoeless GTM, and mark some of those items off, I met TWO GTM owners that live within 50 miles of me.

I was originally contacted some time ago by Jeff who lives in Jupiter as a third owner of a GTM he just picked up. He has been following my build and was looking for some pointers and tips on the mechanical side. He even invited me over and offered to let me take his baby for a ride. I couldn't turn that offer down, so we finally met up this past Friday. What an amazing build, pics below. We talked for a while, I also had the pleasure of meeting Jeff's wife and two sons. Many questions were asked, my experience was shared and got to take a look at a completed GTM to help with my build. Then Jeff offered to allow me to take his GTM for a drive. We hopped in and took her for a ride around his neighborhood. I had a little straight away ahead of me and gave her a healthy push on the throttle in 2nd gear and was blown away. His LS2 and Porsche trans threw me back in the seat and put a permanent grin on my face. I hope I didn't scare Jeff too much LOL. I can't thank Jeff enough for allowing me to take his GTM for a quick spin.

Then on Friday night, I dropped the price of my Cold Air Intake, and was hit up by Dave who lives in Lake Worth. He has been working on his build for many years and has vowed to finish it up this winter. Dave gladly drove up to my place so he could take a look at my build and we shared all kinds of tips, tricks, and GTM topics. He even pointed out that I could get the e-brake bracket from Shane, that I had originally missed. A quick text to Shane asking to add it to a current order he is working on for me was sent, along with an invite to come to S FL while we are having a wonder 80 deg sunny winter day LOL. Unfortunately Shane had to pass up. Although I'll always keep an open invite. Maybe I can coax him to come down by throwing in an offshore fishing trip.

I was wondering if I would ever get a network of GTM owners that live closer to me. To add two great guys to my network all in one weekend has been awesome. Jeff and I also think there is another GTM build in the area, so the research will continue to expand the S FL GTM owners group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you found a very nice example to take a ride in! Believe me....I'd love to get down there for a visit!....10 degrees here today!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll keep the open invite and hopefully get you out on the boat for some fishing down here one day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the invite! We vacation in Florida quite a bit....so sooner or later, we may end up close to you.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice looking GTM!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Very nice looking GTM!
    Jeff did good on purchasing this one. There are a few things that need addressing, but I'll help him with.

BTW when he purchased it came with a twin turbo setup that was never installed. I'm trying to help him run down a fair price to ask for the set up and will be posting up for sale soon. So if anyone is looking for a twin turbo setup, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Jeff did good on purchasing this one. There are a few things that need addressing, but I'll help him with.

BTW when he purchased it came with a twin turbo setup that was never installed. I'm trying to help him run down a fair price to ask for the set up and will be posting up for sale soon. So if anyone is looking for a twin turbo setup, let me know.
    How complete is the twin turbo setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 72442conv View Post
    How complete is the twin turbo setup?
    Here are a couple pics I have at the moment. I need to head back to Jeff's house to help with a couple things on his car and can get more details. I have some other close up pics I can share if you like. They are a set of Garretts that have had work done at TEC. If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can discuss in more detail.