Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello - my kit was just ordered. Need to get body buck ready

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello - my kit was just ordered. Need to get body buck ready

Hello - I am new to the forum and I just ordered by Mark IV kit. It will be here in Oct and want to get my body buck ready. Do you know if anyone has one local that is available or perhaps I can just trace it to cut my plywood? I am in Scottsdale/Tempe area.

Thanks,

Ken

[email protected]

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have FFR send you a digital copy of the manual. It has the instructions for the body buck. As well as dimensions to cut the wood.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, very exciting. You can get a number of plans and guidance for building a body buck by googleing "factory five forum body buck plans" and sifting through the results. This will also bring up images of body bucks. You can probably come up with about a dozen in very short order. Also look through some of the build threads and you can see some of the variations that have been built depending on work area size etc. Some have suspended theirs from the ceiling, some with rollers and some without. I built mine based on the contours shown in the index of the build manual (you can get a downloadable version from FFR for about $10, worth it) and then a bit taller so that I could store my windshield, seats, tires and few other odds and ends below the body on a shelf. Added some casters and I can move it as the work dictates.