Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pedal Adjustment, again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pedal Adjustment, again

I hate being that guy, but I've searched older threads and think I have a plan just need a reality check from those who have been there.

New Mk3 owner with what appears to be stock pedal assembly (ford oem I suppose) with cable clutch. With 36" inseam I don't fit safely, even with the seat removed and my spine touching the rear bulkhead my toes are BEHIND the brake and clutch pedals when comfortable. I also can only drive barefooted as my right foot interferes with brake pedal with any shoe I own, although the depth of the accelerator is not as bad as brake/clutch. Things have to move.

My Plan, starting with least intrusive:
    • Look at adjusting rod lengths, removing/adjusting pedal covers and perhaps pulling the arms and bend/cut/weld.
    • If oem pedal assembly mounting requires modifications, then it will have to come out.
    • At that point I'll consider Wilwood setup and other options.

It looks like the pedal arms themselves can be removed individually? If the pedal assembly has to come out, it looks like a body off procedure...right? I'd like to avoid that. All comments greatly appreciated, especially those who have personally gone through this exercise.
    Thanks, S.
    Last edited by Sdb999; 01-20-2019 at 09:50 AM.