I have a setback in my build. I've been doing some last minute things as I'm ready to send my car to paint when I saw a bead of fluid under the bell housing. Stepped on the clutch pedal and noticed the reservoir was draining fluid each time my son stepped on the clutch. Turns out the braided steel bleed line from my hydraulic throwout bearing rubbed against the rotating clutch causing the bleed line to fail. I was so conscientious about this when I initially installed the unit but after bleeding the clutch a few times I totally neglected to check to make sure that it didn't rub. I have about 40 go-kart miles on the car and the body is still off. My plan is to purchase a new throwout bearing, remove the engine and tranny and replace the bearing. I think removing the engine/tranny may be easier than disconnecting the transmission since the body will not be on and since I do not have a car lift.

The process for my paint guy is to send him the entire car where he sets gaps, for hood, trunk, doors, and other body fitment things. This will happen in the next few days. Then in a few weeks I could pick up the rolling chassis as he prepares the body for paint. When I pick up the rolling chassis go-kart is when I plan to replace the bearing. if I could get the bearing replaced (and carpet install) during this period of body painting, there shouldn't be a time delay in my schedule to get this car registered through CA DMV.

My question is can I re-use the bolts for the drive shaft, engine mounts, and transmission/bellhousing?

Everything else on the car seems pretty solid.