First, thanks to all who have taken the time to post a question to this forum and doubly for those that have made the effort to answer them. I have been building #9279 since Feb 2018 and reached the go cart stage recently and this forum has been a huge help for troubleshooting and also to give me the confidence that what I was experiencing was typical to others.

As a newbie and someone who is faithfully following the manual yet not always in the precise order, I wanted to post this tip related to the headlights. I installed the weather pack connections and I wanted to test that my wiring was good before I installed the dash and eventually the body so I connected the headlights and front running lights along with the headlight switch. I was very excited to pull the switch and see light but was really disappointed when only the running lights came on. I spent a bunch of time checking my connections and searching the forums but didnÂ’t find a post from anyone that had had this problem.

I followed the wise advice to stop for the day and think it over and come back the next day. I realized that these are simple circuits and likely the on-on hi/low beam switch needed to be installed for the circuit to be complete. I wired that up the next day and everything worked.

Again, many of the experienced builders would say this is obvious but I wanted to contribute to other newbies that may run into this problem in the future and will be happy to see this post when they search for a solution.

While this was a happy ending to a wiring story, I will be posting another related to my turn signals that required some more diagnosing and yet to find a solution so will be hoping folks can help me out!
Glenn