All very good points that are still pushing me toward a low boost blower on my existing combination. I agree that the engine should be setup for it, but luckily ring end gap and forged pistons are free :-) I have considered the 400 vs 500hp argument regarding the stock block and although I like the sound of shooting for 500, listening to all the warnings of high power in the Roadster chassis, I am pretty sure I will be plenty happy with 400 or even slightly less. I also understand a number of other factors often enter into block splitting (high boost, poor tune, hard launches, high rpm, etc, etc). BTW, if you guys like tuning your own, I have really appreciated this guys wealth of knowledge: http://www.efidynotuning.com/ A bit dated for current setups, but awesome for the old Foxbodies.

Also, thanks for the bike comparison. I have spent plenty of time on dirt/mx tracks, but never made it to the road course. I even have a dedicated SV650 track bike, but ended up with a broken back before I made my first session. I have thousands of miles on my Ducati 996, but on the street you never come close to testing its potential......except for that trip through the Pyrenees on my ST2. I had the brakes and clutch smoking after that one. All of my bikes have been very consistent though, the only one that ever tried to kill me every time I rode was a YZ450F. It was the only time I actually felt you could have too much power, or at least the wrong kind of light switch power. That bike only knew two modes, front wheel in the air and rear wheel sliding out sideways.