I have acquired a nice donor and am spending the next couple years fine tuning it until we embark on the build. The donor is sprinkled with all sorts of bolt-ons and likely produces around 300 rwhp, so it is very lively and fun to drive. That hasn't changed my desire for more power/speed as I have spent most of my life on motorcycles and even quick cars seem slow/tame in comparison. I have decided on a goal of 400-500 rwhp as I want to stick with the stock block and keep additional costs low(ish). This leads me to my current topic/question; turbo, supercharger or NA?

Turbo
The On3 kits for a Mustang start around $1500 and my donor already has a pretty good fuel system to support it. The biggest drawback with turbos has not changed even with their current popularity.....packaging. I haven't spent much time looking at the Roadster engine bay, but would expect getting everything plumbed will not only be a PITA, but also custom/costly. I also like the idea of easy boost increases that can edge me closer to the magical 500 block splitting HP :-)

Supercharger
I know superchargers have gone out of style unless they are OEM/roots type, but there are several compelling arguments to charge a 302. The packaging is much easier, almost to the point of another bolt-on. Though cost/horsepower may not be as compelling as a turbo, if I look used/low boost (thinking Powerdyne here), it could just tick the boxes on my build. I had found a dirt cheap local one, but it fell through. I have another lead, but it is reaching my cost tipping point to jump to Vortech for all the known drawbacks. Low boost would still be ideal in my case as I am still hoping to stick with stock block/rotating assembly.

Naturally Aspirated
I would love to go this route, but it seems the most costly by far....and the worse cost/horsepower ratio. The idea of a stroker with some TFS heads has the appeal of a low-stress engine, so perhaps the combo will be more reliable and last longer. Also, less prone to bad fuel/tune that results in a blown up mess.

My intended use is strictly street use. I love banging through the gears and flying around corners, but nothing like the drag strip or road course. Perhaps I should just ignore this topic completely as the 1000lb weight loss going from the Mustang to the Roadster will more than satisfy my desire for more horsepower.....but knowing myself, I doubt it.