Hello all I am a new member on the forums here and was wondering on how hard it is to get one of these GTMs registered and smogged. I am looking at the possibility of getting one of the ultima kit cars as well just deciding on which car I like better currently and how much work I want to do. The Ultima is suppose to be like a 300-400 hour job and the GTM is suppose to be like a 600+ hour job. Do these estimates sound about right? My main concern with getting either of these cars is the smog pass in california. I have read that it will have to pass like a new corvette or like any new car and not have that pre 1975 smog exempt ability because I would be putting a new crate LS7 into either of the cars. When I do this do i have to do the EVAP system and the charcoal canister and whatnot as well? Do these cars come with this stuff in the klit so they can become registered? Do I have to buy a kit from someone?
Any help is apprecaited because I would love to build one of these supercars. (the cobras are nice and all but i just like the look of these better).
Thanks All!!