Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Term Storage or sell it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks NAZ. The excitement of the week wore off and the feeling of overwhelming change is starting to sink in. I am going to have to sell my house, car(s), and a lot of stuff I cant take with me. I think I may have a buyer. If all goes well I know the support of my wife and kids will make it all worth it. Most of this stuff will go into government contract storage but I have to take this opportunity, it will never come back around in my career. I will also get a chance to fly a lot of different aircraft, not just the C130J that I am on now.

The jokes about the Air Force arent always true however, not if you are a smaller aircraft (tactical airlifter). I have spent the majority of my career in Iraq, Afghanistan, and recently Africa. 7 deployments, 250 combat missions and a lot back pain years later... I think its my turn for the island life. I will miss my time with the spec ops guys and jump schools but time to move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Brandon,

Would that island be Okinawa by chance? I spent a year there and loved it. I spent pretty much all my free time SCUBA diving.

Dave
    Five years in Okinawa over two tours and like Papa, mostly under water. Time for new adventures. Sell it and buy scuba gear, a SUP, and a windsurf board. There was also a very good aero club where you could rent a plane and go island hopping. You'll love it.
    Last edited by RJD; 02-24-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

3. Likes TexasAviator liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you really want to keep it and storage costs & space are the sticking point, there's just enough space in my shop that it could live there rent-free for a few years. I don't need or want the keys - so long as I could roll it outside when I paint my car this summer, that would be fine.

5. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a few years on a small tropical island, then possibly to Europe. So in storage for maybe 4-5yrs? SELL IT. You may have no interest in the current build at that point. By then it may be MK5 or 6, with all kinds of new up grades. If AOC gets her way, you won't be able to build it with an "internal combustion engine", if at all. FREE bicycles for everyone.

7. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free bicycles -- love it. Even my horses are in danger as they contribute to global warming by emitting carbon dioxide.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

9. Likes TexasAviator liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Free bicycles -- love it. Even my horses are in danger as they contribute to global warming by emitting carbon dioxide.
    Naz,

I've offset your horse's carbon footprint back in 2006 and 2007.
    Mrs. Go-Dad and I planted between 1,500 - 2,000 pine trees after Hurricane Katrina handed it to us in a big way.
    Your ponies can fart until their little bottoms are Hap-Hap-Happy since this Factory Five Family Member from Louisiana offset your Pony's Carbon Foot Prints!

Steve

NOTE:...Photosynthesis Turns CO2 Int Oxygen If You Happen To Be Reading This Ms. A.O.C.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.

11. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve, I feel better now.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

13. Likes TexasAviator liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of your comments are killing me. So funny. I am going to the land they call "where Americas Day Begins."

Jacob McCrea, that means a lot, thank you! As others have said, it's going to be years before I enjoy it and all the while it will rot in storage.

I have a guy flying out to buy the car this weekend. I already have a deposit and we already have an agreed price. Its a no-brainer. I dont lose the thousands in storage costs and make thousands on the selling price. The guy really wanted my car because I hadnt tried to molest the body. I would have never been able to do it justice. He is going to take my build and finish it. He should have a 40K dollar car when he is done with it.
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 02-24-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: clarified

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, best of luck brother. Smooth travels...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    Well done, best of luck brother. Smooth travels...da Bat
    Thanks sir. Dont count me out. I'm coming back in a few years and I am going to build another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Brandon, looks like you really did it! Congratulations! Hate to see you go, but look forward to your next build. Stay in touch.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m certain his next build will be even more spectacular...

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey B!
    Sorry to see the car leaving but it sounds like you have a great career opportunity! Tell the new owner to get on the forum as he finishes it up and you be sure to stay in touch and keep us all updated on how things are going for you.

All the best,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon,

Best of luck and stay safe. As we say in the Army, "Charlie Mike". Continue to March.

Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright folks, I’m half way through a 17 hour round trip to Texas. I came and met with Brandon and bought the car. It’s coming home to Phoenix in a few weeks. It’s at a perfect point for me to put my finishing touches on the car and make it my own.

Thanks Brandon for keeping such great records and making and extremely nice Cobra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobl View Post
    Well Brandon, looks like you really did it! Congratulations! Hate to see you go, but look forward to your next build. Stay in touch.
    Bob, I learned so much from you. I could not have done it without your help and generosity. You really helped me out immensly with the timing and dyno of the engine. I really needed your expert help to get me through that part of the build.

Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    I’m certain his next build will be even more spectacular...

Chris
    Dude, you were my biggest supporter. Thank you for your inputs and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Hey B!
    Sorry to see the car leaving but it sounds like you have a great career opportunity! Tell the new owner to get on the forum as he finishes it up and you be sure to stay in touch and keep us all updated on how things are going for you.

All the best,
    Jeff
    Jeff, thank you for following along with me on the build and giving me redirection on countless occasions. I could not have done it without you. All of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Brandon,

Best of luck and stay safe. As we say in the Army, "Charlie Mike". Continue to March.

Dave
    Papa, your build was inspirational and great to follow along with. We were on this journey almost together from the start. Best of luck to you and your family in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMRobAZ View Post
    Alright folks, I’m half way through a 17 hour round trip to Texas. I came and met with Brandon and bought the car. It’s coming home to Phoenix in a few weeks. It’s at a perfect point for me to put my finishing touches on the car and make it my own.

Thanks Brandon for keeping such great records and making and extremely nice Cobra.
    Rob,

Great to meet you and to network with you. I hope you love the car. I know its going to good hands, someone that truly appreciates the small touches and time spent on the car. Your generous offer and mature approach to buying these cars is refreshing. Thank you for helping me out in this stressful time of PCS season (permanent change of station). I cant wait to follow along with you on finishing the car.

See you in a few weeks to take delivery.

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    So I forgot Inhad my lightning charger in my pocket. Got a free massage by a creepy Tsa agent and they ran the charger through the X-ray. Never came out. Ugghhh

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon, good luck with your change of station and making all that happen. Stay safe. Sorry you had to sell the machine but it looks like its in good hands. Power On...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Brandon! It was fun watching your build. Hope to see another one in a few years!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Brandon! Sorry to see you “temporarily” go.
    Keep in touch and let us all know how your doing.

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Brandon's car made it safely back to Phoenix this weekend. Raining and snowing in Texas and New Mexico, but we made it safe with no problems. After spending a day with the car today, its a pleasure to be the new owner and continue the build. Already started to add my own touches.

Thanks Brandon!!
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12