Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: coyote wiring, mega fuse, alternator, starter, tach and speedo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

coyote wiring, mega fuse, alternator, starter, tach and speedo

I am building a 33 hot rod with a 2017 coyote and tremac tko600, electric steering, ron franciss wiring harness (RF) and autometer gauges.
    I received my kit 6/18 and was able to fire it up for its first go-cart on Christmas day. The Coyote runs great!
    I thought i would share some wiring info for the guys doing a coyote after me.
    My wiring for the sake of the first start is just temporary, so please don't judge based on the photos, now that I know it runs I can go back and redo it correctly.
    I found some of the wiring confusing because the kit comes with the RF wiring harness and the coyote comes with its own harness, which in some instances conflict with each other.

The mega fuse was confusing so i put a pic in here labeling how i ran the cables. same with starter and alternator.
    The tach wiring requires the need for the autometer tach adapter #9117, this is a good link for the wiring https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...hometer-hookup
    on fuse F4 pull the fuse and find out which side is hot with key on (wire also connected to relay #1) i cut the grey wire just past the fuse and hooked up red to hot side and red/green to wire that runs into harness (goes to pcm).
    Do not tap the purple tach wire into a coil wire as per the instructions from Factory Five, it is not needed and doesnt work with autometer gauges. simply connect grey wire from adapter to tach and set dip switches to 8 cyl.
    speedometer does not use transmission speed sensor so the green and grey wire in dash harness is not needed, the green and grey wire that comes out of the coil/crank harness is what you need to use. green to speedo and grey to ground.
    speedo will work but will need to be calibrated, just follow instructions from autometer.
    Also, be warned, I had a problem with the clutch safety switch preventing the starter to engage at first, turns out it was a bad connector on the wiring harness.
    Attached Images Attached Images