Hello everyone,

I have been reading these forums for a few years now, and finally joined officially 2 years ago. I was originally planning on buying a type 65 coupe to build with the kids, but they wanted the 818 since it didn't look so 'old-fashioned'. Here is my son in an 818 at the 2017 FFR open house….that sealed the deal.

818C at 2017 FFR Open House.jpg

I purchased a donor in June 2017, stripped it, picked up the 818C kit in late 2017, and am now up to installing the harness and cooling. I am not planning to do anything unusual or exotic with the build. I just want to build what FFR designed.

I have been meaning to start a build thread but never got around to it. Partly because I worry there won't be anything special in my build compared to the incredible things many of the rest of you are doing. But mainly it was because I thought that there would be long periods of time between posts. Turns out, that seems to happen on a lot of the builds. So that isn’t a good excuse. I have also started to think that just seeing someone's progress building a car, even if it is 'by the book' is fun to follow.

I will get my build up to current with some postings over the next week or so. Looking forward to sharing what we have done so far.

And of course, as I am not the only one doing a multi-generational build, many of you will know I use the term ‘we’ loosely. When I built a car in high school with my dad it was mostly him doing the work with me helping when I could (school, sports, music lessons all had top priority according to mom). Fast forward to 2018 and my teenage kids have even more busy schedules than I ever did. So I take every opportunity I can to get their help while trying to keep the project moving forward….slowly….