Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello from Tejas

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Tejas

Howdy All

Rebuilding a MK3 in DFW...has a cammed LS based L33/TKO in it now and about 400 rwhp.

Go-kart phase. About to finishing cleaning up the body and doing a wrap. My 6' 3" wifes legs are too long to fit in the passenger foot well, which has taken some wind out of my sails (she really isnt interested any longer).

Wish I had got the road race MKIV for my purposes....and still may

Cheers and thanks for the info on here to complete my build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not sure how much room exists for an LS, but there is a PS FB mod that SIGNIFICANTLY increases the FB space for the passenger. Wider and LONGER. I started it in my club, and every build after mine that is aware of it has done it with no complaints. I know it is not practical for a Ford Mod motor, so may not be applicable for you (?)
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    DFWMK3,

What part of DFW you in? I am up in the Frisco area.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    TDSapp

In Mckinney.

Thanks MPTech! I may have the room to mod and have thought about bending some metal. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    DFW,

re: Larger passenger footbox - Here's how I did mine:

It does yield a significantly larger footwell. I can definitely tell the difference.

Worth looking into if you are running a small block and have the body off...

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 01-22-2019 at 03:58 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

6. Thanks DFWMk3 thanked for this post
    Likes DFWMk3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DFW MKIII
    Welcome to Texas. I’m up in Sherman.

Vette57

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DFWmk3, I am in the process of planning a build and am also thinking of going LSx. Do you have a build thread? Im also in Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Enlarge the foot boxes and mount the seats all the way back . Should work. Roger

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Fellow Dark Sider, Welcome!

I don't know where your LS is sitting; however, if you move it forward I'd bet money you will have room to spare for your long-legged better half.
    While I don't know if this video help or not, it can't hurt to take a look anyway.

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

The headers that I used are Schoenfeld IMCA 161-33.
    The same header for an LS is 161-33LS1.

https://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/im...modified4.html

For what it is worth, my engine is located on centerline with the side pipe openings and 1" to the passenger side of the car.
    Good Luck Fellow Dark Sider, Good Luck!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-23-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I can definitely modify it for a few extra inches. Just unexpected.....she jumped in and said nope and has been uninterested since (that could be the new kid though).

I'm sorry I don't have a build page but the LS is very straight forward. The mounts are welded to the stock mount risers. If I had advice, be careful with 2005-2007 truck engines...the L33 is a Z06 prepped 5.3 from the factory but its an oddball Gen 3/4 hybrid and parts aren't interchangeable. DBW corvette stuff fits great but u will pay extra, but after all the T/Bs, TAC modules and pedals I have tried, should have just used a gen 4 engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFWMk3 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I can definitely modify it for a few extra inches. Just unexpected.....she jumped in and said nope and has been uninterested since (that could be the new kid though).

I'm sorry I don't have a build page but the LS is very straight forward. The mounts are welded to the stock mount risers. If I had advice, be careful with 2005-2007 truck engines...the L33 is a Z06 prepped 5.3 from the factory but its an oddball Gen 3/4 hybrid and parts aren't interchangeable. DBW corvette stuff fits great but u will pay extra, but after all the T/Bs, TAC modules and pedals I have tried, should have just used a gen 4 engine.
    Hi, can you elaborate on what makes them different and what parts are not interchangeable. I was actually thinking of going with a 5.3 liter I think 350ish HP is exactly what the cobra needs to be both fun and fast. TIA