FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Houdinis 35 truck build

Post Thanks / Like

Houdinis 35 truck build

I got the front suspension on except for the coil over sleves, missing parts are a hold up missing lower arms for rear end too

so I took the cab off and am doing sound deadening and had a lot of flex on front of roof so I am laying some more glass mat down
    any one got any suggestions on the sound insulation ??? that I might be missing out on ????
    I am planning on a headliner and plan to put some wood around the cab to tack the ends of it

the body did not slip off as easiy as I thought it would
    hate to disappoint you guys this is not going to have any photos
    sure used up the space in shop quick got about 80 feet used up

going to get this to a driver this year and do the body and paint next fall and switch to the 347 engine and a gearstar AOD

got a junked model A with a fresh 302 with a roller cam gonna use carb and stock trans for now

Post Thanks / Like
    fiber glasing the roof and the dash, and I am not a neat person with glass got to grind off a few pimples
    my missing brakes and parts shortages are still MISSING
    oh well its too cold to heat the shop, had it 80 today but we are getting a cold snap time to veg out at home

Post Thanks / Like
    no pics didn't happen !

Post Thanks / Like
    been having lots of snow, storms and cold weather
    if I spent as much time working on truck as fighting snow and trying to heat shop I would have some progress to report

the paint I got 2 qts and I gal reducer was just a bit under 700$ we are not living in a cheep country anymore !!!!!
    Last edited by Houdini; Today at 02:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    sent out my upholstery to get redone, waiting on seat untill I figure out what to do
    filling seams on the splices on the truck cab sanded it down with 40 grit then ground out divots and fill with short strand filler
    then air filed it down and refilled with lightweight filler and am air sanding with air fille