Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question for those with Moser rear end

Post Thanks / Like

Question for those with Moser rear end

My Moser rear end arrived yesterday. I notice that the lower control arm brackets look crooked/twisted, with both pointing outwards. Anyone else see the same on theirs, is this normal?
    Thanks,
    Ron

20190123_152628 (Small).jpg 20190123_152712 (Small).jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked at mine and they appear pretty square to the axle. The control arms mount at an angle, so maybe a change from mine.
    Welcome to the mayhem.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ralph.
    Guess I'll wait till I get the kit and connect the control arms to the rear. May be an issue, but not sure yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine fits fine, but I cant get it to stop leaking, and this if from just sitting. Don't want to take rear cover off, but may have to.
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post
    Mine fits fine, but I cant get it to stop leaking, and this if from just sitting. Don't want to take rear cover off, but may have to.
    Ralph
    sure go ahead and take off the cover and reinstall then I am sure the leak will be gone
    Herb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The rear lower control arm frame mounting distance is less than the distance between the axle mounting - they point in and forward. This is with the brackets hanging below the axle. Maybe you have your axle up-side down? If yours point out then seems possible they welded a right hand bracket to the left side and the left hand bracket to the right side.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It all fit fine.