Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help me identify this part please

Post Thanks / Like

Help me identify this part please

Hello, I am 3 weeks out from having a engine and can’t sit still. I am building a 35 truck and assembling the doors to pass time. I have the latches and frames in and outer handles however the outer handle is a little sloppy and loose. In the package of hardware there is two big springs that I believe will take the slip out of the outer handle somehow I just don’t see anything in the manual for this spring. If anyone has been down this path before thanks for your input. Rob image.jpgimage.jpg
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robodent View Post
    Hello, I am 3 weeks out from having a engine and can’t sit still. I am building a 35 truck and assembling the doors to pass time. I have the latches and frames in and outer handles however the outer handle is a little sloppy and loose. In the package of hardware there is two big springs that I believe will take the slip out of the outer handle somehow I just don’t see anything in the manual for this spring. If anyone has been down this path before thanks for your input. Rob image.jpgimage.jpg

Rob,

You will be better off having the mods move this to the 35 Truck forum. There may be a bunch of Truck guys that never look at the Introduction forum.

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

3. Thanks Robodent thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robodent View Post

That is a door handle return spring f0r a 33 hot rod. These are not needed on the pickup. Once the handles are installed and the cables adjusted the door handle should return to its resting position just fine.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63