Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grill height

Post Thanks / Like

Grill height

Hows this for suckiness, first time the car moves under its own power is bringing it home from the shop where we figured out all the wiring problems, fuel problems, etc. Loading onto the trailer the bottom of the grill catches and digs in pushing the radiator back into the upper control arm bolts. Two leaks. Haven't taken it out yet to see if the radiator can be repaired. So close, then two steps back.

The bottom of my grill is 4.25 inches off the ground. whats everyones grill heights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmish View Post
    Hows this for suckiness, first time the car moves under its own power is bringing it home from the shop where we figured out all the wiring problems, fuel problems, etc. Loading onto the trailer the bottom of the grill catches and digs in pushing the radiator back into the upper control arm bolts. Two leaks. Haven't taken it out yet to see if the radiator can be repaired. So close, then two steps back.

The bottom of my grill is 4.25 inches off the ground. whats everyones grill heights.
    My grill is 4.0 inches off the ground. Definitely need to be aware of speed bumps, curbs etc. A couple of close calls so far but no damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pulled the radiator and it looks like it may be able to be tigged. one tube on one side, two tubes on the other, about 2' up from the lower tank.
    Front and rear frame heights are per spec, may try raising the car .5 - 1" front and rear.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 inches

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    first time I had mine on the road I ran up to a parking lot bumper, touched the bumper and poked a hole in radiator.