BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WTB: '33 Hot Rod Bike Fenders

Post Thanks / Like

WTB: '33 Hot Rod Bike Fenders

I just ordered the stage 1 kit for the '33 Hot Rod and I'm already thinking of the stage 2 order. I have not made up my mind on fenders yet. I'm interested in buying a set of bike fenders. Please contact me if you have a set for sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located? I have an extra pair of fronts only curtesy of FFR. They are free to a good home if you pick them up or pay for shipping. I am in Tampa, Florida. Let me know if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Richmond, Virginia. That's a long drive. I was looking for a set so I will see what else pops up.

Thank you for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davew70 View Post
    Where are you located? I have an extra pair of fronts only curtesy of FFR. They are free to a good home if you pick them up or pay for shipping. I am in Tampa, Florida. Let me know if you are interested.
    I do go to Sarasota some times. Maybe if I am coming down I'll check with you to see if you still have them.
    Off topic: What size wheel and tire combinations are you using with the bike fenders? I had a rude awakening yesterday when I went to a Wheel & Tire shop and asked if they had something that would fit my FFRHR.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do end up coming down this way, let me know. Probably best to send me a PM. I'm only a couple of miles from the intersection of I-275 and I-4 so you won't have to go too far out of your way.

As far as wheels and tires are concerned, I'm only beginning to shop for wheels and tires. Mine will only be for the street. I would like to do something like Henry R's hot rod shown on the FFR website with big tires and small wheels (smoothies). He used 15 inch wheels but since FFR changed the brakes on the hot rod it is my understanding that 17's are as small as I can go now. And, of course with bike fenders the maximum diameter doesn't change. Also, smoothies get pretty expensive as the size increases. I've still got a lot of shopping (and learning) to do and it's not going to be cheap either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Davew70, I found out from Dave from FFR that I can order only the back bike fenders so I'll take you up with your generous offer. Are they already boxed up? Let me know how you would like to ship them and cost and I will make sure I get it to you.

Thanks,
    Cliff Olsen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colsen23153 View Post
    Davew70, I found out from Dave from FFR that I can order only the back bike fenders so I'll take you up with your generous offer. Are they already boxed up? Let me know how you would like to ship them and cost and I will make sure I get it to you.

Thanks,
    Cliff Olsen
    I forgot to ask, does it contain all the mounting hardware? It's no good for me if it does not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I only have the two extra fiberglass front fenders. I do not have any extra mounting hardware.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I only have the two extra fiberglass front fenders. I do not have any extra mounting hardware.
    That will not help me. Sorry. A bit of information I found out from Dave today. I changed my order from a stage 1 kit to the complete kit. I told Dave I wanted just the back bike fenders to go with your set. I was also ordering the full fender set. Dave told me that the back of the full fender set IS the back of the bike fenders. Something good to know.

I wanted to have all three looks, no fenders, bike fenders and full fenders. Also hard top and roadster. Just to find out which one I liked best. Maybe I can get Dave to sell me just the front bike fenders with the hardware. It won't hurt to ask. After spending a whole bunch of cash today I'll save that for another day

Cliff Olsen

Post Thanks / Like
    Davew70,

It now looks like I can buy just the front bike fender hardware from FFR. So let me confirm from them that I can add the hardware to my order then I will ask you for your fiberglass fenders.

Give me a day to work that out,
    Cliff Olsen

Post Thanks / Like
    Davew70,

Dave @ FFR did let me get just the mounting hardware for the fenders. It's on my bill. So the deal is on. If they are already boxed you can take it to FedEx or UPS and get a quote and I'll pay you with a PayPal transfer. Any way you want to do it.

Thank you and let me know.
    Cliff Olsen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I no longer have them. When you indicated on the 5th that they wouldn’t help you, I let them go to someone else. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took me time to figure it out. My bad. Thanks anyhow.
    Cliff

Post Thanks / Like
    Still looking for a set of front fenders and hardware for the 33 Hot Rod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I no longer have them. When you indicated on the 5th that they wouldn’t help you, I let them go to someone else. Sorry.
    This tells me that deals are done by PM not on the forum feeds. Lesson learned!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the bike fender option from FFR.

Thread Closed