BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New builder in Calif

Post Thanks / Like

New builder in Calif

Got my MKIV base kit earlier this month. Planning to use LS1 and 4L60. I've dabbled with smaller projects for years but wanted Cobra style car for decades. I'm in California central valley between Fresno and Bakersfield. Hope to hear from other owners/builders in the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madness of building your roadster. When you have things crop up that you are not sure how to overcome, turn to the forum with your problem. Tons of experience and advice given freely. I couldn’t have made it through my build without the great people here on the forum. Congratulations and good luck.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congrats! I'll second that - wealth of knowledge and detailed documentation on this forum, and everyone is more than willing to lend assistance.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness!! (I’m guessing Terry?) I’m in Bakersfield and drive to Fresno pretty much everyday... so I sorta drive right by you.... everybody on here is a wealth of knowledge and a great sounding board and a lot of help. Start reading build threads with your mind as a sponge and an open book. And also since your from the dark side (LS1) you might want to check out GoDadGo’s build if you already haven’t. I’m surprised he hasn’t chimed in from the dark side...
    His Chevy-dar must be broken lol but I’m sure he’d love to have a fellow dark sider on his side
    Again, welcome!!

Kurt
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congratulations. Just drove through Strathmore last week. Keep us posted on your build.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime we are going to haft a have a ca get together!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. I haven't done a lot yet. Had originally planned to order about now but took advantage of the winter sale. Lots of other projects including some to support this build. The donor mustang is completely stripped and I've started cleaning parts. I enjoy hearing from other builders but I'm not real literate about using the forum.