Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quickjack Lift

Post Thanks / Like

Quickjack Lift

Any Experience or Advice on the Quickjack? Maybe modify to fit the Frame Members?

QuickJack-Portable-Car-Lift-Red-Corvette-Up.jpgQuickJack-Portable-Car-Lift-Car-Detailing-Porsche.jpg
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a set and love them. I use a 4 x 4 board with notches cut out for the frame. Works great!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe put it in from the side? Transverse instead of longitudinal?
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will probably go ahead and order one. Any Photos??
    Larry
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first looked, I was concerned about Center of Gravity. Thought it could be a bit heavy in the Front??
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Like very much. I have running board frames that the rubber pads work with. I like that i can work under and up top at same time!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was doing the research on portable, scissor lifts I looked at the QuickJack models. They seemed to me to be very high quality and well engineered. I had only one issue with them and that is their maximum vertical lift which, depending upon which model you buy, is about 16 to 18 inches. You can increase that a little by using blocks. In the end I purchased the Twin Bush version of the scissor lift (S3-10 E). It has a vertical lift of about 40". It does cost about $450 more but for me was worth it. They are both good tools. Hard to go wrong.

www.twinbusch.com/product_info.php?products_id=8

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks VERY German. Actually, I am in Germany now for 4-weeks working. Their Factory is 100 miles from my location. I will do some research and make a decision when I get home. Thanks for your information. I like the looks and quality.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Bendpak also makes mid rise and full rise scissor lifts
    The cost a little more though. And they do have models that can be made flush mount if you don't mind cutting your concrete.
    https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/mi...scissor-lifts/

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBB Larry View Post
    When I first looked, I was concerned about Center of Gravity. Thought it could be a bit heavy in the Front??
    I have one and I'll take some pics tomorrow with the hot rod on it. With regards to being heavy in the front I slide it in so the "parallelogram" hangs over at the rear. I just use the rubber blocks that came with it. I also got the higher blocks for trucks but to use those I have to either lift in 2 steps or get the front up a couple more inches first. I would like a little wider base, but its fine on level concrete and good blacktop. I purchased the 12V option so I can take it with me. A young guy can throw it in the back of a pickup. At first I didn't like the hose routing, but then I figured out it won't pinch it you take them out under the rear pad. Depending on if and how you mount running boards the jack is a little tight with those. I like it for my stuff as a second lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you're a member, but I saw the 5000 lb quick jack at Costco for $1100.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Pics would be great.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a couple pics, Its snowing sideways here so I didn't open my Bay door to get any glamor shots, hope these help.
    IMG_20190129_122023_582 (640x361).jpgIMG_20190129_122051_417 (640x361).jpgIMG_20190129_122121_747 (640x361).jpgIMG_20190129_122147_525 (640x361).jpg

I put a small motorcycle battery on it. It gets 3-4 lifts before it needs a charge. There is room for a larger battery if you want to carry the weight. Note that the battery is my modification not endorsed by Quick Jack. I don't think a Lithium would handle the surge load of the lead acid, but, maybe a good Dewalt would work. You can get the 120VAC or 220VAC but then you just have another cord to trip over and I wanted portability. I set the base to hang the longer center over the back of the car after the first use just because it looked like better physics. In this pick I'm using the little blocks on the frame tubing. With running boards your methods will vary. With this jack remember the car moves longitudinally quite a bit during the lift. Some scissor jacks have a better vertical travel while some move the vehicle position a lot.

Good luck!

I won't be using it to pull a transmission, but it is very handy for inspecting under the car, running that extra wiring down the tunnel, and getting all 4 wheels in the air. I like it for portability mainly as I can take to my brothers garage or to a track event. It does grunt a little on a bigger car, but, I use it on a 3400lb car also and it works fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. That is great info. I will probably get one when I get home. Space is an issue, and I think this will fit my budget and garage. I saw that COSTCO had them for about $1200.00. I'll probably stick some Jack Stands under the car as a Safety Device. Many years ago, I lost a friend at a Drag Race when a Jack failed. Thanks for your time and info.
    Larry
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Costco has the quick jack 5000-lb on sale this month...

https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A lot of folks buy the Danmar Maxjax system.
    Here's a few of videos from home users:

https://youtu.be/d4Jqxu_j7JI
    https://youtu.be/KMBZPfUrrj0
    https://youtu.be/FgHc0uTKBI4

Can't hurt to check them out too.
    Good Luck & Happy Lifting!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-02-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had this for 5 years now:
    https://www.ezcarlift.com/

Absolutely love it.

Does have less lift capability and takes a minute to raise and lower.
    Need a stout drill depending on the weight of the vehicle being lifted.
    I have used it to lift my E class AMG and a friends 530 BMW and never had any issues.

The nice thing is no hydraulic pump and hoses and each side weighs around 70lbs.
    Very easy to move around and store.

It sets cross ways to lift the 35 truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dan04mcs View Post
    I have had this for 5 years now:
    https://www.ezcarlift.com/

Absolutely love it.

Does have less lift capability and takes a minute to raise and lower.
    Need a stout drill depending on the weight of the vehicle being lifted.
    I have used it to lift my E class AMG and a friends 530 BMW and never had any issues.

The nice thing is no hydraulic pump and hoses and each side weighs around 70lbs.
    Very easy to move around and store.

It sets cross ways to lift the 35 truck.
    I have the same lift for my build and also think it works great. Simple and easily storable

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry, did you get the quick jack? I'm thinking about it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jceckard View Post
    Not sure if you're a member, but I saw the 5000 lb quick jack at Costco for $1100.
    I just ordered the 5000lb from Costco this morning. Should be here in 5 - 7 business days! The guys on Goonzquad (youtube) use it a lot. Looks like a good portable solution. Max height is 21 inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    I just ordered the 5000lb from Costco this morning. Should be here in 5 - 7 business days! The guys on Goonzquad (youtube) use it a lot. Looks like a good portable solution. Max height is 21 inches.
    Well that was fast. 36 hours after ordering the Quick Jack from Costco the car is up on the Quick Jack in my garage. I need to get a couple 2x12's for more clearance. Also, other than the 4in main tubes where is there another set of jack points that I can use on a roadster? It's pretty tight in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you need a luxury level creeper too!!! cooled or heated with stereo!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaLBX5T060 http://www.humanhoist.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey McBride View Post
    Well that was fast. 36 hours after ordering the Quick Jack from Costco the car is up on the Quick Jack in my garage. I need to get a couple 2x12's for more clearance. Also, other than the 4in main tubes where is there another set of jack points that I can use on a roadster? It's pretty tight in the middle.
    I got one and used it for the Roadster. I experienced the same thing with it being tight in the middle. Its great to get it in the air easily but then getting access underneath is the problem, its up in the air but now you need to crawl under and between them to do any work. I got rid of mine after one use. Id rather use a jack and put the Roadster on jack stands to work on it. Or get a real 2 post lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    I got one and used it for the Roadster. I experienced the same thing with it being tight in the middle. Its great to get it in the air easily but then getting access underneath is the problem, its up in the air but now you need to crawl under and between them to do any work. I got rid of mine after one use. Id rather use a jack and put the Roadster on jack stands to work on it. Or get a real 2 post lift.
    I've seen some others using it and loving it. I'll play with it a bit and see how wide I can get it. Love how easy it is to get in the air, oil changes are a bit tight though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    I have a set and love them. I use a 4 x 4 board with notches cut out for the frame. Works great!

Henry
    Do you have a picture of how you use a 4x4? Are you able to get the jacks outside of the 4in main frame tubes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dewey,

I have a 33 Hot Rod on it now. Basically it's an 8 foot 4 x 4 cut in half so each side is 4 foot long. I then cut notches in the 4 x 4 for the tubular frame to sit in. I set up the Quick Jacks just outside the notches so I had full access to the motor, tranny and rear end. Hope this helps?

Thx,

Henry

P.S. I've had my MKIV Cobra, Gen III Coupe and 33 Hot Rod on my Quick Jack with no issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65 Cobra Dude View Post
    Dewey,

I have a 33 Hot Rod on it now. Basically it's an 8 foot 4 x 4 cut in half so each side is 4 foot long. I then cut notches in the 4 x 4 for the tubular frame to sit in. I set up the Quick Jacks just outside the notches so I had full access to the motor, tranny and rear end. Hope this helps?

Thx,

Henry

P.S. I've had my MKIV Cobra, Gen III Coupe and 33 Hot Rod on my Quick Jack with no issues.
    That helps a lot!! Thank you 65 Cobra Dude!