BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Waterfall question

Senior Member golfobsessed71@gmail.com's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterfall question

Hello all, purchased a FF 33, love the car, want to remove roll bar, possible internal fuel pump and eventually will have to replace battery in my ownership.

Clearly not easy to access the battery/tank area, cannot go through trunk area so my question is about the waterfall panel... first my upper door hing area was never cut so won't clear the upper door hinges... I read enough to now see I will cut some fiberglass under the upper door hinges, I will be painting the car within a year or so... so don't mind making those cuts.

I cannot move the waterfall panel out of the way to remove the roll bar and can't get access from the underside... I also assume I can access battery and tank area with waterfall panel removed.

Am I missing something in removing the waterfall and getting to the lower area of the roll bar to remove it?

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    fuel tank.jpgwall behind fuel tank.jpgThe sequence is....or should be. My roll bar has pins to lock them in place,about a foot down from where the roll bar goes into the waterfall.Take out pins, lift roll bar up and out, take out any fasteners that hold waterfall. waterfall should come forward. this will expose the front side of the fuel tank. The fuel tank on my car could be removed from the rear after removing the panel in trunk, unbolting the tank and sliding it to the rear. Unless I'm not understanding exactly what you are trying to accomplish. send some pics so we can visualize your setup.
    arrived July 18th 2019, first cart in Feb. 2020
    BluePrint Engines 383CI TKO600 GM Street&Strip
    Ridler wheels 17x 8 front 20 x 10 rear
    Toyo Proxes 245/35-17 front
    285/25-20 rear
    0mm offset finished Jan 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn’t mention if you had a roof or not.
    With a roof you will need to remove it to pull the roll bar out, then you can remove the waterfall.
    I built a compartment below the middle of the trunk floor for the battery to sit in.
    Others have put the battery in the trunk.
    I used an external fuel pump bolted to the frame rail below the tank.
    Post 227 has a few pics of how I relocated the battery.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-s-Build/page6
    Last edited by JimLev; 01-29-2022 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added link
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much guys... it's currently a coup but have the roadster windshield and will run topless most of the time, gonna remove the top next weekend, took the seats out this evening to get ready for waterfall removal.

Really good to know there is a disconnect point below the waterfall surface... my roll bar is pretty secure so not sure if the builder welded it in... hoping not, may be able to lift waterfall enough to get in there for a cut if it is welded... sure would like to find it's bolted together.

Thanks again to you both. IMG_20220120_173300812.jpg

6. Likes HVACMAN, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    fuel tank.jpgwall behind fuel tank.jpgThe sequence is....or should be. My roll bar has pins to lock them in place,about a foot down from where the roll bar goes into the waterfall.Take out pins, lift roll bar up and out, take out any fasteners that hold waterfall. waterfall should come forward. this will expose the front side of the fuel tank. The fuel tank on my car could be removed from the rear after removing the panel in trunk, unbolting the tank and sliding it to the rear. Unless I'm not understanding exactly what you are trying to accomplish. send some pics so we can visualize your setup.
    Thanks again all, for the life of me I couldn't get to the connection point of the roll bar to remove it and clearly has to come out to remove the waterfall panel.

I was fortunate enough to actually find the builder of the car in Arkansas, had a lengthy and educating conversation with him yesterday (great guy)

Appears he put access panels behind the side trunk panel carpet to access the bolt points to the bottom of the roll bar.

Great to talk with him to discover his personal areas to the build.

8. Likes FF33rod, sread liked this post