Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Husky Puppies

Post Thanks / Like

Husky Puppies

Been sort of cold and snowy around here and I've been looking forward to Spring when all the toys come out in the northern climes, but this past weekend, Mrs. Gumball and I made a visit to Michigan and our breeder's place to check out a new litter of pups. Our last pair of huskies had to be put down within seven months of each other in late 2017 and early 2018, so we've been planning to adopt another pair. Looks like the time is almost here - just waiting for her to evaluate for show-versus-pet and, if there are two boys in this litter that aren't show caliber, then they'll come live a great life as part of our family.

So, in the interest of bringing a little warmth to a cold winter day, here are a bunch of pics of the five-week old litter......

Pups at 5 weeks 2.jpegPups at 5 weeks 3.jpegPups at 5 weeks 4.jpegPups at 5 weeks 5.jpegPups at 5 weeks 6.jpegPups at 5 weeks.jpeg
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome pups! Hope you get to take a couple of them home. Best of luck!

Last edited by David Hodgkins; 01-28-2019 at 07:28 PM.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great. Hope you get to make homes for at least two of them! I'm a dog lover. I personally don't care about show, but that's just me. Our Yourkie-Poo is 11 and showing sings of her age. Had her since she was old enough to leave her mother. Don't know what I'll do when that day comes...
    They are family.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburger View Post
    That's great. Hope you get to make homes for at least two of them! I'm a dog lover. I personally don't care about show, but that's just me. Our Yourkie-Poo is 11 and showing sings of her age. Had her since she was old enough to leave her mother. Don't know what I'll do when that day comes...
    They are family.
    I hear ya - the breeder said she has people interested in any that are show quality, but we just want to give a couple of those cute little buggers a warm and loving home - "pet quality" is fine for us.

We didn't want to get too attached to any of them, but I gotta say, that little bi-eyed guy (one brown and one blue) is way cute.
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

5. Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hudson picture.jpg
    here's a little more warmth for a cold winter day

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking that pooch is already yours!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Huskies are such cuties! Hope it works out and you can get a pair.

Our two Labs. Red one is Benelli - 7 years old. Silver one is Winchester - 3 years old.

Dogs.jpg

Dogs always seem happier when there are two in the family.

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

9. Likes mburger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A quick update on the pups - they're now fast approaching eight weeks and two of these little guys will be coming home to Casa de Gumball in another week and half or so. The breeder is in NYC for the Westminster show this week, as one of her dogs is competing, but as soon as she gets home, we'll be learning which of these guys will be joining our family. Here are some updated pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

11. Likes mburger liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Chris,

You don't see that breed down here since it gets so darn hot.
    Heck, they look like little White Fluffy Wolves!
    Get your Pooper-Scooper ready.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had dogs until my wife came to me in 2000. She brought her purebred Husky. She was beautiful and such a sweet dog. Miss that girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, Mrs. Gumball and I made the trip to the Ann Arbor, MI area (Dexter - great little town!) this past weekend and brought home the newest additions to our family. Just thought I'd introduce you guys to Cody and Jax (Jackson) - named after a couple of our favorite towns in Wyoming. They're going to learn to ride in the back of Mrs. Gumball's '67 Camaro convertible this spring - though while wearing harnesses that will be clipped to the rear seat belts.

There sure wasn't much drama on the ride home - as you can see from one of the pics - and they really enjoy the snow (which will probably stick around for a while still).
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

16. Likes GoDadGo, JohnK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cute. Congrats!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of well-adjusted pups, for sure......
    Later,
    Chris

Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Those are some cute pups! Keep posting pics and let's watch them grow!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)