FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  160
Likes Likes:  288

Thread: Greek Guys' Garage Roadster Build #9509 (Nice shoutout on Insta about my build)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Greek Guys' Garage Roadster Build #9509 (Nice shoutout on Insta about my build)

Hey everyone. I've been posting a little and lurking a lot on the forum for many months now. After much deliberation, I ordered a complete roadster kit back in late October and it is finally scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I figured it was about time that I properly introduce myself and kick off a build thread. My name is John (perhaps you gathered that already from my username). My wife and I have a son and a daughter. Building something like this has been a dream of mine for a long time, but now that my kids are both in high school I figured this was the perfect time for a father-daughter-son project, so here we go! We're located in Los Gatos, CA (~1hr. south of San Francisco). I see that there are quite a few active forum members in the Bay Area. It would be fantastic to meet some of you. I've already met a few folks here around town with roadsters.

My order consists of the following:

MkIV complete kit:
    - Drivetrain will be Coyote, IRS and TKO600
    - Gen 2 vs. 3 Coyote still up for debate
    - IRS already ordered and received from Forte's (3.55)
    - TKO600 likely to be the modded Liberty's Gears version.

Other items of note in the FFR order:
    - Chassis is uncoated. Will be powdercoated locally.
    - leather seats and leather steering wheel
    - 18" wheels
    - Wilwood brakes with red calipers front and rear
    - double-adjustable Koni shocks front and rear
    - wind wings, sun visors, wipers
    - sway bars front and rear
    - dual black rollbars
    - deleted side exhaust and PS rack

I ordered the factory dash with glovebox, but I see that as a sort of backup plan. My first choice is to go with a custom competition layout dash with glovebox (I've also ordered Alex's glovebox kit). Complicating matters a little is that I also plan to install a heater, so I may also go with the FFMetal 'firewall forward' piece to get everything to fit (or fab a box to space the heater forward into the engine bay). Lots of options here, and I'm excited to get to that portion of the build and sort through all that stuff.

I've already ordered and received a PS rack from Unisteer, and plan to go with GP headers with catalytic converters and Gas-N side pipes for this build.

My kids and I have already built the frame dolly and body buck, and there has been TONS of garage and shop prep in preparation for the build, including installation of a 4 post lift, compressor and air distribution system. Here are a couple of quick pictures of the "baby in the nursery" before it was picked up, as well as the baby's new nursery when it arrives tomorrow.

Let me finish this introduction by saying thank you to everyone on the forum for the incredible wealth of knowledge here. I would never have had the courage to undertake something like this if this resource wasn't available. Also, thanks in advance for patiently taking the time to answer all the stupid questions I’ll be asking ;-)

-John

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnK; 05-16-2023 at 11:03 PM.

2. Likes JasoninAZ, Ted G liked this post