FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  160
Likes Likes:  288

Thread: Greek Guys' Garage Roadster Build #9509 (Nice shoutout on Insta about my build)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've buttoned up all the details in the trunk area now, and think I'm ready to install the trunk sheet metal and move on with the rest of the sheet metal install. I ended up stripping and re-wrapping most of the rear harness in the trunk area to get the splits where I wanted them, and also shortened the leads going to the fuel pump and fuel level sender. I also wired up the E-Stopp (that's the weatherpak connector at the top of the photo) and confirmed that it works. I added wires for a backup light (not shown) and the coil of wires in the upper trunk will eventually get routed into the trunk for the license place light and trunk light. The Breeze big bore vent is also in, and then lastly I fabbed up and installed the Aeroquip -6 AN braided PTFE lines that connect the tank to the filter and hard lines.

One trick I picked up in a few build threads is to put some large zip ties around the connectors for the fuel pump and fuel level sender. Those don't clip in very securely, but the zip ties really lock them down nicely.

One quick tip - BUY THIS TOOL! This is an Ancor wire and cable cutter, up to 2/0 gauge from Del city (P/N 703005) but you can find similar ones in many other places. In the few weeks that I've had it I've used it to cut hoses, parking brake cable housings, and the Aeroquip braided SS hoses. Especially on the braided hoses it's been a godsend. It makes beautiful clean cuts with no fraying of the braided sleeve. Probably the best $24 I've spent in a long time.

MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

2. Likes Fman, JB in NOVA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I've buttoned up all the details in the trunk area now, and think I'm ready to install the trunk sheet metal and move on with the rest of the sheet metal install. I ended up stripping and re-wrapping most of the rear harness in the trunk area to get the splits where I wanted them, and also shortened the leads going to the fuel pump and fuel level sender. I also wired up the E-Stopp (that's the weatherpak connector at the top of the photo) and confirmed that it works. I added wires for a backup light (not shown) and the coil of wires in the upper trunk will eventually get routed into the trunk for the license place light and trunk light. The Breeze big bore vent is also in, and then lastly I fabbed up and installed the Aeroquip -6 AN braided PTFE lines that connect the tank to the filter and hard lines.

One trick I picked up in a few build threads is to put some large zip ties around the connectors for the fuel pump and fuel level sender. Those don't clip in very securely, but the zip ties really lock them down nicely.

One quick tip - BUY THIS TOOL! This is an Ancor wire and cable cutter, up to 2/0 gauge from Del city (P/N 703005) but you can find similar ones in many other places. In the few weeks that I've had it I've used it to cut hoses, parking brake cable housings, and the Aeroquip braided SS hoses. Especially on the braided hoses it's been a godsend. It makes beautiful clean cuts with no fraying of the braided sleeve. Probably the best $24 I've spent in a long time.

Looking great John...

One question for you, are you waiting for first start of engine before you install trunk sheet metal? My thought was leave it off until I go-kart to check for leaks and make sure fuel level sender works because it would be much easier to take care of any issues with that area wide open.
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

4. Thanks JohnK thanked for this post