Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30

Thread: PB and son MK4 build thread by wallace18

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

PB and son MK4 build thread by wallace18

We are going to be starting a MK4 build in March. PB and his son will be coming up to my shop on days they can to help in the build of their MK4. The kit and drivetrain was ordered yesterday. I really look forward to helping a Dad and his son live out a dream of building a car together. I will be doing some of the work, but also helping them in the hands on build process. We hope to have the car go out for paint somewhere near June. Below is a list of what we are starting with.

MK4 complete kit , powder coated chassis, 351 headers, body cut outs, leather seat upgrade, P/S, 3-link, 8.8 -3:55 Moser rear end, vintage GPS gauges, 17x9/10.5 halibrand replica wheels, S/S over-riders, S/S side pipes, wind wings, sun visors, vinyl dash with glovebox, floor mats, EFI fuel system, chrome driver and passenger roll bars with grommets, 11.65 rear brakes, trunk gas support, assembled side louvers, drivers seat track and center dash support.

Engine and transmission will come from Blue Print and will be a 427 FI with alt, P/S and TKO 600 package. A really nice combo picked out by PB.

We will be getting some additional parts from the following FFR forum vendors. I will be ordering this stuff below today so as many of the parts we need will be here when the kit arrives. Only the POL parts will be holding us up. Hopefully not many of those.

From Replicaparts
    seat belt trim plates, steering hole trim plate, radiator shroud and weather stripping package.

From Breeze Automotive
    Upper and lower radiator mount kits

From Finish Line
    side pipe heat shields

From Whitby Motorcars
    Power brake package

From Boig Motorsports
    Upper and lower coolant pipes

All this and a few parts I give as part of my build will really make for a very nice MK4.

All 3 of us are very excited. Stay tuned for updates down the road. As always I will post every day we work on the car.
    Last edited by wallace18; 04-10-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added parts

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post